Easy communication not supported yet?

kunterbunt

It seams that easy communication is currently not supported by the F-18. Is this according to plan?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Oh, interesting. I try to use normal communication menu, like it works in the a-10c to contact tower about startup, rolling, takeoff but all the menu items are gray and I do not get any answer. Same with my wingman. No answer. Is there something I need to configure prior to using easy communication. I do use auto start, so there might be some configuration missing in the auto start.

I tried same mission with a-10c and everything works fine.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Oh, interesting. I try to use normal communication menu, like it works in the a-10c to contact tower about startup, rolling, takeoff but all the menu items are gray and I do not get any answer. Same with my wingman. No answer. Is there something I need to configure prior to using easy communication. I do use auto start, so there might be some configuration missing in the auto start.

I tried same mission with a-10c and everything works fine.

If you use the auto start feature make sure you turn on your radios :) since the auto feature doesnt turn them on for you

and of course dial in the right frequency, since you did not mention that step.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Turn on the radio!:doh:

Never had to do so in other models.

Will try today when ìm back home.

Thanks!

Not to be a dick, but it's why I never use auto start. Personally I think it's best to learn the start up, which in the f-18's current state is very simple. In fact now is the time to learn it, so that when more things are being added it's doesn't become more daunting.

Ps. If you're using auto start because you canny be arsed doing it, but already know how to do it then my bad! :D

You don't need to dial in the correct frequency when using easy comms.

This is known, but ...

Oh, interesting. I try to use normal communication menu, like it works in the a-10c to contact tower about startup, rolling, takeoff but all the menu items are gray and I do not get any answer...

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Not to be a dick, but it's why I never use auto start. Personally I think it's best to learn the start up, which in the f-18's current state is very simple. In fact now is the time to learn it, so that when more things are being added it's doesn't become more daunting.

Ps. If you're using auto start because you canny be arsed doing it, but already know how to do it then my bad! :D

No, I use it because I have approximately 1h per week to fly and this is not enough to memories all procedures. So, I pick and choose what I can remember. I really would like to know how to start such an iconic plane, but I know that I will forget soon. That is life.

Still having a blast.

If you use the auto start feature make sure you turn on your radios :) since the auto feature doesnt turn them on for you

Im not sure what actually turned the radio on. I pressed everything a could get my hands on. The radio menu to the tower still kept gray. But now it at least works. Seams to be a bug currently.

Im not sure what actually turned the radio on. I pressed everything a could get my hands on. The radio menu to the tower still kept gray. But now it at least works. Seams to be a bug currently.

All you do is turn volume knobs clockwise (up).