Persian Gulf Land/Sea Transition

moonshot

I’ve been away for a few weeks and just updated to whatever the current beta is. My Persian Gulf map sea level seems significantly lower than before and the land/sea transition is much more abrupt. Like, all beaches and coastlines are now a 10+ foot vertical drop down to the water.

Is this a deliberate change or a new bug? Either way the coastlines look pretty terrible now when doing low level work.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No they don’t simulate tides.

I guess it’s a bug since the threads been moved to where nobody will ever see it. Didn’t even know there was a DLC Maps forum section.

Also I noticed that the helicopter rotor downwash effect occurs at what I assume is the original water level, about ten feet above the current water surface.

I really hope sea level is returned to its original state. Besides looking really bad there are now gnarly ground effect consequences when flying NOE and transitioning land/sea boundaries.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suggest running an install repair? Sounds like you’re one of the only people seeing this issue?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.