WOW Linux has awesome eye candy

I just installed Fedora, having a ball learning it.

Check out this link, never thought Linux would have awesome eye candy.

Vista Aero is nothing compared to that ;)

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Well, looks similar, but has some really cool effects.

I actually want Linux, so I'll have the best of both worlds. (Vista and Linux)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I have it on dual boot, because of my addiction to Lockon.:D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

It's a pity that lockon does not run under linux. The Kernel is very powerful. Ah well... will try http://www.flightgear.org/ anyone tried it? True, does not compare to lomac :cry:

Anyone knows any good sims if any for linux. I know, I know, not a gamming:smilewink:OS. Developers do not exploit this platform due to Microsoft monopoly. Well some at least saw the potential of using the OS for creating Dedicated servers...

Anyhow, having fun playing & learning around with fedora.:D

Cheers,

EDIT: Question, Does anyone now if someone where able to run lomac via linux third party software like wine and such? Anyone has details to this?

Well heres a kicker for you all. Linux will run Win32 apps. You just need a program called Wine. Takes some learning. Now if ED made a dedicated server for Lock on then it could be ported over to linux. I would kill to have a dedicated Lock On Linux box. Linux uses multiple cores way better than windows does. Fedora 7 is where u want to start.

Thanks Rabbit. Now at least I am more convince that I chosen the right distribution. I was stretching out between Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Until I found Fedora. Since I'm a Red hat user from the old days (true still and amateur). What the heck it's free :thumbup: I was surprise with the efficiency with the installation and configuration.

True not all that easy to install drivers and such with Linux if the setup does not recognizes it. I need some learning curves about command line and such. But heck, for me. I feel like a kid at the candy store, lol. I am more impress then ever about this OS. Fedora did a great compilation. Anyhow.

Ok, wine is alternative, but has anyone was able to make it work with lockon? Curious, if yes, then please share...If not pubic, then PM me please, thanks gents.

Regards,

Moose

Would be awesome to have this option. Dedicated server that is. IMO it would multiply MP sessions. I think it would at least boost activity 4x times more in MP. If not even more...Only need to see IL2 servers to compare. Do not get me wrong, IL2 does not match Lockon with physics, but does with online participations.

Averages 700 peeps on IL2 / Lockon 100 max on HL. True stats do not realy compare since not the same sim. Well I ask myself and think why is there more peeps on IL2 then lockon... I tried both. So my answer would be no dedicated server for lockon... ''Still''

I love both sims. Just wondering where this is heading too. Great we have BS comming. That is awesome news, but what about the in between? I'm not worried for myself since been flying since the beginning. I know that BS will blow my mind.

I just wounder behind all the graphics and physics in play. Will it stand in demand for multiplayer? Having the ability of hosting dedicated, is not a luxury. It is a very expensive endeavor as it is. I do thank all providers for providing it. But I think your fans & host would be grateful if you do provide them with the option of hosting dedication. Would allow more servers to popup in my opinion. Since usually less resources are required...

Anyhow, it's just opinion. ED keep up the good work. I respect your work. We are very demanding fans. I do apologies for that.

Anyhow back to linux I go :thumbup: cheers

Averages 700 peeps on IL2 / Lockon 100 max on HL. True stats do not realy compare since not the same sim. Well I ask myself and think why is there more peeps on IL2 then lockon... I tried both. So my answer would be no dedicated server for lockon...

It's not the dedicated server that's attracting people to IL-2. It's because people don't like/want to learn all the avionics of modern fighter jets and they feel firing missiles is too easy (to kill someone) and too hard (not to get killed).. the flying is "sterile" and they think we never get to dogfight range but once they do they say they can't track the other aircraft and completely loose SA.

Prop planes are much simpler... easier to fly (with exception of torque effect and need for constant use of rudder and trimming (see how people here "complain" how Su-25's are too hard too fly... aim unguided weapons etc. Well that's how it is with IL-2 aircraft (later versiones that added all these flight modeling effects like torque etc.) and lastly... they like to SEE in the gunsight what they are shooting at ;)

I flew IL-2 for over 3 years and really enjoyed it... and I will fly again (in very dedicated way) new Oleg's sim that should come about the same time as BlackShark... and this one should be really awsome as well.

No longer active in DCS...

I respect your opinion.

But I still think dedicated server is the way to go...:book:

PS: Finaly got Fedora configued to disable X windows in startup. Allowing me to install latest Nvidia drivers. Still learning Linux, but having a ball, lol. Awesome OS In my view.

Cheers S! all