Buttons not working outside lock on!!!

Here's the story:

Whenever I go to push the center button for TIR in lock on, nothing happens. At first, I thought it was Vista... but then nothing happened for Fraps, and I don't think it's working for TS or Ventrilo. This is bad... as coms are necessary for red flag, which I hope to participate in. (and I want to use push to talk)

I think it's my keyboard, which is the Saitek's Gamers keyboard. (the one with the extra programmable #pad.) lock on recognizes this as a separate device.

any body have any ideas? I've already thought about getting another keyboard... :cry:

Thanks

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Do what I did: remap it. If you have 2 keyboards installed, the first keyboard installed will always be set as default...unless you have a problem like me, and have a 110 key keyboard mixed in with an 88 key keyboard, and your letters come out qwert67890. Course then again, Ill assume that you have 2 keyboards installed, so they are conflicting with each other.

maybe by uninstalling the Keyboard's drivers?

What do you mean Hitman, that's not really the problem...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

maybe by uninstalling the Keyboard's drivers?

What do you mean Hitman, that's not really the problem...

What I am saying, young padawan, is that you have a key conflict. What may be D on one keyboard may be 7 on the number pad on the other.

Do you have more than 1 keyboard attached?

I do not. I have had my TIR set to * on the # pad. still nothing ingame. the issue i believe is that the keyboard is seen as a separate device in lock on. I also have the push to talk key assigned to the #pad ENTER key... a key that worked on my old computer.

Sorry I didn't mention this...

As for 2 keyboards? unless you count the X-52, no, I don't. I have nothing plugged into my PS/2 pots though. is that an issue?

Ah well... young padawan (how Mr Hitman put it and made me laugh :thumbup:) If LockOn doesn't see your keyboard as keyboard then you do have an issue and I don't know how and if you can solve that.

Actually hold on a second... even if your keyboard is seen as some other device... if you have mapped certain key in LockOn input under that device (same as you would do for HOTAS etc) it should work regardless.

No longer active in DCS...

Disable any profile on your joystick and try assigning one of the joystick button as center for TIR. Try it in LOMAC and if that works, then you know for sure it's the keyboard causing the problem.

You can check off "trap" in TIR hotkey settings and those keys will function in game. It's just that the view will center everytime you press them.

I had the same problem.

Either disabling "User Access Control" or setting "Local Security Policy" -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> "User Account Control :Behaviour of the elevation prompt for Administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to "Elevate without prompting" fixed the issue for me. Plus I run LockOn as member of Administrators group.