Ground controlling the SU-25T

Hi guys,

A quick question. I'm having a b*tch steering the 25T on the ground (taxi...etc). Does this aircraft use NWS (nose wheel steering) or does it depend on assymetric thrust?

I try to taxi at or below 30kts, however I end up overshooting the taxiway off the runway everytime after landing. Unfortunately, my joystick (Saitek X-52) doesn't support differential thrust.

Is this to expected with this aircraft? I've tried both the easy flight model and realistic.

BWT: IMO this aircraft is a slug at lower speeds (< 300 kts). I usually end up tip stalling in all turns over 30 degs. A real pain when conducting an ILS in IFR conditions using the HUD ILS "2 ball" system. Any easy system/suggestions on how to interpret or use the HUD readout during an ILS approach? It doesn't seem intuitive to me. Hand puppets will suffice.:huh:

Thanks so much!

Dewey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For one... taxy at 30km/h max and when you do need to turn, hit the rudder gently (not suddenly) or the tire will just skid (if the aircraft has too much inertia)

I personally taxy in this aircraft at 20km/h. Surely you can speed u a bit if you are on long and straight taxiway... but if you suddenly need to stop or turn you'll overshoot.

No longer active in DCS...

Insofar as Landing is concerned, once you have intercepted the glideslope, have due regard to the indicated airspeed and altitude and attempt to match that as close as possible to the assigned airspeed and altitude(small numbers on top of HUD). Whilst doing this ensure that the Glide Slope Error Circle (small circle) is centered in the Directors Circle (big circle), both of which are to be centered in the Aircraft Datum. If you do the above, you'll be fine re altitude and speed on the Glideslope. Control your descent with throttle and trim inputs and it'll be easier as well.

To start with rely more on the HUD as above and Fine-Tune with the instruments below as you will have the visual aspect of seeing the Runway assisting you in your descent.

During descent, I usually have the engines running at 60-65%RPM, keeping the speed above 300km/h - she tends to drop like a brick otherwise - also touchdown speed maximum 290km/h. Usually try to get her down at about 260km/h - again just depends on the weight at landing.

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah- you have a lot of issues packed into one post here. That AoA meter would be the size of a dinner plate if prominence = importance. You ain't gonna make that thing turn any faster than SHE wants to. When landing- first- use the ILS so you land properly (proper touchdown point). Once you make contact- roll out until under about 240 kph- then deploy your chute. For how long varies- it's EXTREMELY effective and you may have a exit ramp(s)along the main runway,or you might have to roll to the end, like at Novo or Gelen.

Don't push your luck cutting corners- flat tires are modeled.

Again- you steer by nosewheel which is your rudder axis. It handles on the ground about as argumentatively as it does in the air.

Welcome to the A.F.M.

On both Su-25 variants take a look down at the throttle, there is a mark that I think is supposed to be the taxi speed setting. Whenever I set it there, my taxi speed is always perfect, not matter the weight of my loadout. Sometimes you still need to touch the brakes a little in the turns to be safe.

Here is a screen of what I mean, notice how the screwhead at the top of the throttle is inbetween the tick marks.

ScreenShot_019.jpg

Also there is a red paint mark that I think is supposed to be a cruise setting, here's a shot of it:

ScreenShot_020.jpg

If you hold the Aircraft Datum halfway between the two circles they will converge & you will be on the glidepath.

With full flaps you should be able to fly the last 10 km at 250 - 260km/h & flare as you touch down ~ 240km/h. Most runways brakes are enough, but the chute will stop you in a hurry if you touch down too far down the runway.

I read in several accounts from pilots that during final approach for landing you should use the throttle for altitude & attitude for speed -

(lift the nose to slow down, apply throttle to gain altitude) This works well with the AFM planes.

Cheers.

And avoid using the chute at crosswind-landings!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5