As of 2.5.4, Mission "Rebel Base" has tree drawing bugs

niinja

The trees have disappeared from the target area in mission "Rebel Base" and the mission has lost its playability. I have trees set to 100% and this is what appears around the target area:

https://imgur.com/PqELCRG

Please can someone at ED fix this? It only appeared after updating on Steam to 2.5.4. It was fine before then.

Many thanks.

• 7 months later...
The trees have disappeared from the target area in mission "Rebel Base" and the mission has lost its playability. I have trees set to 100% and this is what appears around the target area:

https://imgur.com/PqELCRG

Please can someone at ED fix this? It only appeared after updating on Steam to 2.5.4. It was fine before then.

Just to let you know, this is how it is meant to be now, as the area was completely covered with trees making the mission undoable, A tree clear trigger command has been used to remove trees in the area and the units moved around to better reflect the new terrain lay out.

Admittedly it looks horrible, but quickest and easiest way to fix mission instead of totally moving things else where.

I don't understand how this changes its playability, it was unplayable with all the trees there.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 month later...

For me, the area was *not* completely covered with trees. There was a clearing, and the targets were in the clearing and on the road that led out of the clearing.

This mission is still broken and the bitmapped flat trees are numerous in the place of the original 3D trees. Even the mission photo (alongside the briefing) has the flat trees in it!

• ED Team

Hi

The mission was made before the Caucasus terrain update, before there was not many trees here, but after the update there were to many trees and it was not possible to complete the mission.

A trigger zone has been used to remove the trees from this area so the mission is still playable.

While not ideal it was the best work around for this mission.

I hope that explains what is going on here.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2