Cold and dark

Biga42

APU won't power radios. You have to request ground power and then turn on the correct switches on the ground power panel in front of the throttles. There is a legend on the left hand panel for which switches do what. Also the manual should have details on the ground power panel.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

The battery powers Comm 1
So battey on

Ground power on

Appropriate ground power switch to power up UFC

Set comm 1 to tower

Request startup

??? I'm curious now. I tried this once before but it didnt work. I started cheating and requesting start up after right was spooled up.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

IIRC When you turn on the battery, even if the UFC doesn't show anything, you can use COMM1 wich is tuned in Channel 1 freq. So you should edit the COMM1 Channel 1 in the mission editor and set the Airbase's Frequency. So if you are in MP unless you designed the mission, you will not able to change the freq, so you have to use Ground power.

Message deleted in 3,2,1 ....:thumbup:

thanks! here is the procedure:

1- Battery On

2- Ground Crew

3- ground Crew Electrical Power

4 - On

5- Ext Power / Reset

6- Select the respective switch you want, in the case of radios:

- Ground Power 1 Position A

- Ground Power 2 position B

- Ground Power 4 position A

Edited by Biga42

COMM 1 is powered with the battery, but the UFC is not, so you can only transmit on the default channel and guard (via the GUARD XMIT switch).

But I believe the actual normal procedure is to not request start-up at all. IRL you should have a start-up time or something and start then, without the need to request ot from ground control.

Of course, if you still want to do it, External power is tha way to go.

PS: you can put all ground power switches in B, since B actually means A+B (systems listed under A and B will be powered)

COMM 1 is powered with the battery, but the UFC is not, so you can only transmit on the default channel and guard (via the GUARD XMIT switch).

But I believe the actual normal procedure is to not request start-up at all. IRL you should have a start-up time or something and start then, without the need to request ot from ground control.

Of course, if you still want to do it, External power is tha way to go.

PS: you can put all ground power switches in B, since B actually means A+B (systems listed under A and B will be powered)

1b0073f28f1149de47aa04a3f1f3099c.jpg

Let’s try.

In the toilet and using Tapatalk pro to kill the time.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

IRL I don't think it is done, at least not often. Ground power was mainly used my maintenance personnel to work on avionics and stuff without having to start the jet.

In DCS it can be nice for multiplayer when using SRS so you can brief before starting up so you don't have to listen over the jets turning. Just one example.