Radar azimuth center following TDC?

Captain Slow

What is the behavior in the real F18 in bvr modes when azimuth limits are set to less than 140?

Can you slew your radar scan limits left/right manually like the russian jets?

Do the radar scan limits follow the tdc like in the f15/f16?

Or is the current behavior where it only scans around your own heading the only real option...

I am hoping not,...

You can decenter the scan, but it does not follow the TDC like in the F15/16. You depress the TDC to set the center of the scan.

Holding the TDC for >0.5sec enters ‘spotlight’ mode centered on where you have your cursor at the time of depression.

This is not yet implemented, right?

No it works, it's how you lock up one specific target when radar has multiple contacts on it. I think it only works if you are in RWS

Sounds like you are referring to something different than the OP is. He is referring to being able to select an off-center scan pattern during search. You are referring to the scan pattern when attempting to designate from the looks of it.

Sounds like you are referring to something different than the OP is. He is referring to being able to select an off-center scan pattern during search. You are referring to the scan pattern when attempting to designate from the looks of it.

Yeah, given the answer by Anonymous User I think we are still waiting for it to be implemented.

Re-engaging after being on the defensive right now is quite dangerous and slow. Need to be able to reposition scan center.

Yeah, given the answer by Anonymous User I think we are still waiting for it to be implemented.

Re-engaging after being on the defensive right now is quite dangerous and slow. Need to be able to reposition scan center.

You can still drop the azimuth width and point the nose, just can’t stay on the gimbles like that.

If you are super good, you can still command mini-raster with the designate button, but I think that’s like a 3-5* sweep. :)

You can still drop the azimuth width and point the nose, just can’t stay on the gimbles like that.

If you are super good, you can still command mini-raster with the designate button, but I think that’s like a 3-5* sweep. :)

pointing the nose means giving the opponent a better shot. I would avoid it if possible, so very much looking forward to being able to point the radar instead of my nose :).

mini-raster? you mean when you tell it to try to lock the first best target which comes into the highlight volume? I need something with more control in a multi target environment.

pointing the nose means giving the opponent a better shot. I would avoid it if possible, so very much looking forward to being able to point the radar instead of my nose :).

mini-raster? you mean when you tell it to try to lock the first best target which comes into the highlight volume? I need something with more control in a multi target environment.

To your bottom question...yes.