DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Early Access

blunt_waco

I find that $80 for early access game is excessive?

I would love to get it but $80 for early access, not finish, buggy does not justify the $80 price tag.

Did the game ever go on sale?

Which other DCS planes can compete with the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet? I mean a plane that would give the Hornet a really hard time in the air?

You aren't forced to buy the module while it's in early access - just wait till it's complete and buy it then. The Hornet is the first modern 4th Gen multi-role in the game, nothing else available can compare with its capabilities when finished.

So no planes are available to take the Hornet? wouldn't that cause game imbalance?

There is no game balance in DCS. Just random planes chosen for development due to accesibility of manuals etc. And the hornet in its EA state is in vastly better shape compared to the harrier for example. I think I paid 60-70 over the holidays because it went on slight sale. I'm pretty happy with the state/progress of the hornet, can't say the same for the harrier.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

There is no game balance in DCS. Just random planes chosen for development due to accesibility of manuals etc. And the hornet in its EA state is in vastly better shape compared to the harrier for example. I think I paid 60-70 over the holidays because it went on slight sale. I'm pretty happy with the state/progress of the hornet, can't say the same for the harrier.

So MIG-29 or SU-33 is not a match to the Hornet?

I find that $80 for early access game is excessive?

I would love to get it but $80 for early access, not finish, buggy does not justify the $80 price tag.

Did the game ever go on sale?

Which other DCS planes can compete with the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet? I mean a plane that would give the Hornet a really hard time in the air?

- As others have said... the amount of work that goes into a module justifies the price (this may be subjective) as just one module takes 4+ years of work... which is the length of time an entire AAA game can take to make.

- Early access is clearly stated as the state the module is currently in, if you don't feel an unfinished product is worth it I suggest waiting until it is out of early access before purchasing. Most products out there go into early access at their full release price.

- Yes, the game has sales now and then.

- Any plane from roughly the same era can compete with any other... it really comes down to the pilot. The hornet will have more features than another other aircraft in DCS to aid in situational awareness but in the end it all comes down to the pilot.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

If all you care about is the air superiority side of aircraft, just buy the F-15C. It's cheap and finished.

I want to be able to compete and win against the Hornet pilots. Once Hornet price goes down a bit, i would then buy it. I like your suggestion because I was also told in a Discord channel to get the F-15C

Watch out boys.... I'm coming for you :pilotfly:

- As others have said... the amount of work that goes into a module justifies the price (this may be subjective) as just one module takes 4+ years of work... which is the length of time an entire AAA game can take to make.

- Early access is clearly stated as the state the module is currently in, if you don't feel an unfinished product is worth it I suggest waiting until it is out of early access before purchasing. Most products out there go into early access at their full release price.

- Yes, the game has sales now and then.

- Any plane from roughly the same era can compete with any other... it really comes down to the pilot. The hornet will have more features than another other aircraft in DCS to aid in situational awareness but in the end it all comes down to the pilot.

I admire the work and details DCS put out. However, When I see Early Access @ full price, it doesn't sound right because you're not buying the full game yet. I'm just used to the price of EA games on Steam, they usually start cheap then when the game if fully released the price would go up. DCS is doing it the opposite way and they are entitled to it, their game, their product and I respect that.

I go read the manual now for the F-15 :book: