Stop and go with ground units

GTFreeFlyer

I have a truck that goes along the road with 8 waypoints. Is there a way to get the truck to stop for 1-2 minutes at one of the middle waypoints before continuing?

Next question: When the truck is temporarily stopped, I want to have a passenger hop into the truck. Can this be done, or do I need to have the passenger walk up to the truck then despawn him? Also, can I make the driver get out of the truck once reaching the DP, and walk along a path?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Read up on Hold and Embark in the Mission Editor ...

Perfect. Just needed someone to point the finger for me. Couldn’t find it. I’ll take a look. Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Perfect. Just needed someone to point the finger for me. Couldn’t find it. I’ll take a look. Thanks.
For hold, take a closer look at the detailed options. There is a part condition, there you could simply add a time amount like 120 sec. or you could use triggers / flags (user flag) and set them based on more complex conditions in the editor when a flag is set.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not sure if you found your answer but there's 2 easy ways I handle those situations.

A) On the WP you want the unit/group to hold, under the Advanced Waypoint Actions add the Perform Task -> "HOLD" option.

-Then select a "STOP CONDITION..."

-You can check the box "DUR" (Duration) and key in the amount of time he will hold and the unit will STOP holding after that time in HH:MM:SS

OR

B) If you check the box "IS USER FLAG" and key in a flag number, the unit will stop holding until that flag is true.

For example, if you have an A10 enter a trigger area at another location and set a condition that if the A10 enters that zone, turn flag on 10. Then if you set your holding unit to stop holding until user flag is 10, then the holding unit will begin moving once the A10 enters that zone (because the flag is now 10).

Edited by tyleru7d894
spelling