[BUG] Slats Bug

Mods-o_joy

Occasionally the slats will bug out during takeoff and refuse to come in, very rarely it will even asymmetrically retract/deploy, retracting right after takeoff under 200 Kts of airspeed so its probably not damage, not sure how to reproduce as its happened at random both times.

Edited by IronMike

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

i've had the same issue pop up a couple times, from what i remember it was always the left wing

Had it occur a bunch of times, usually after a landing on the boat. Mostly the left wing, but it happened a couple of times with the right wing too.

Spoiler damage over g ? ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• 7 months later...
Spoiler damage over g ? ;)

I am getting this when I use flaps and slats during combat. Not sure if it is because of the over-g or because of the overspeed. Would be nice to have more information about this, because I think it may be intentionally simulated.

I am getting this when I use flaps and slats during combat. Not sure if it is because of the over-g or because of the overspeed. Would be nice to have more information about this, because I think it may be intentionally simulated.

It can be both due to over G and overspeed. In your BFM situation it is most likely due to overstress and structural damage.

However I still have it marked as bug, as it seems to appear also under normal operating conditions. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this yet, and since it seems to appear rather rarely, it currently ranks lower on the priority list.

However, if we could manage to reproduce it (and thus get to its root), we can push it of course.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...

I also noticed this. For me the left leading edge slat wasn't retracted while in cruise flight. And after a couple more landings, both leading edge slats would not retract. Aerodynamics seem unaffected.

Intel I7-3770K 4.1Ghz water cooled, 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, PowerColor RX5700XT GPU, Asus P8Z77-V LK motherboard, Windows 10 on 64GB SanDisk SSD, DSC on 500GB Samsung SSD, purchased Cyberpower 11/27/2012