DCS Aircraft Service Years - Spreadsheet

Jarlerus

Hi guys!

I wondered how the current, and coming, aircraft in DCS are distributed over time of active service, so I started making a compilation of this.

It can be useful when discussing whether proposed airframes have a place in the DCS lineup.

There are most certainly mistakes made by me, as I initially only googled/checked wikipedia for the data 😃

If you have more accurate info, post it below and I'll check/update the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BiEo_eFfMrbD9oOLe8ddIVboQ2QvdgDvd3vazxK2PU0/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Spreadsheet now has a Wishlist section.

Edit2: Adding a sheet for Weapons. - Please help with that. I'm lost on those ^^

Edit3: I adjusted a few things for better usability.

The order is strictly after year of introduction.

I added 2 columns. One with the years of introduction, so one can sort them all on that (colored for in game/dev vs wishlist). The second (leftmost) is to be able to restore it to the starting order 😃

Edit4: Added sheet for Land Units. Feel free to contribute (comment bellow) to this part ^^

Edited by Jarlerus
Edit4.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Su-25T was a Limited Production Anti-Tank/All Weather Combat Capable Demonstrator wasnt it?

Something to the tune of 3 Proto's and 8 Production Craft.

Which either were Mothballed, Museumed, or Converted to Su-25SMs w/ the Su-25SM Program that took over in 2000 after the T and TM Programs were cancelled.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm thinking of adding another section on the spreadsheet with proposed/wishlist aircraft.

Just post below what aircraft you want added, and if you know, the span of service it had/has. If you don't know, I'll make an effort to find out. =)

Edit: I started with a few.

If you have more accurate info, post it below and I'll check/update the spreadsheet.

On MiG-29 versions currently relevant to DCS:

- MiG-29(9.12) "FULCRUM A" entered service in 1983. (There is no such thing as a "MiG-29A").

- MiG-29(9.13) "FULCRUM C" entered service in 1987. (*not in DCS world)

- MiG-29S(9.13S) "FULCRUM C" - upgraded(radar & armament) version of the above from around 1992 - service status is somewhat unclear.

- MiG-29G "FULCRUM A" - unofficial designation applied by the German luftwaffe for their 9.12 version after modifications for NATO compliance, which were performed sometime after the German re-unification - i.e. post 1989. Single seat 9.12 version got an added "G" for Germany, while the twin-seat MiG-29UB(9.51) was renamed "MiG-29GT"(for Germany Trainer). All of Luftwaffe's MiG-29s were later sold to Poland, where they remain in service.

• Like 3

Su-25T was a Limited Production Anti-Tank/All Weather Combat Capable Demonstrator wasnt it? Something to the tune of 3 Proto's and 8 Production Craft.

A batch of pre-production test aircraft rather - for further development and acceptance trials. Two were further modified to -TM standard(also known as "Su-39") with new navigation system, more sophisticated version of the Shkval TV and radar(Kopyo-25) in an external pod.

Which either were Mothballed, Museumed, or Converted to Su-25SMs w/ the Su-25SM Program that took over in 2000 after the T and TM Programs were cancelled.

I don't know the current status of the Su-25T/TM airframes, but they were not converted to Su-25SM. The Su-25SM is an upgrade performed to the "baseline" Su-25 - i.e. a concept similar to the Su-27 > Su-27SM and MiG-29 > MiG-29SMT.

On MiG-29 versions currently relevant to DCS:

- MiG-29(9.12) "FULCRUM A" entered service in 1983. (There is no such thing as a "MiG-29A").

- MiG-29(9.13) "FULCRUM C" entered service in 1987. (*not in DCS world)

- MiG-29S(9.13S) "FULCRUM C" - upgraded(radar & armament) version of the above from around 1992 - service status is somewhat unclear.

- MiG-29G "FULCRUM A" - unofficial designation applied by the German luftwaffe for their 9.12 version after modifications for NATO compliance, which were performed sometime after the German re-unification - i.e. post 1989. Single seat 9.12 version got an added "G" for Germany, while the twin-seat MiG-29UB(9.51) was renamed "MiG-29GT"(for Germany Trainer). All of Luftwaffe's MiG-29s were later sold to Poland, where they remain in service.

Ah, yeah. Though the "MiG-29A" designation was odd, but I took it out of the FC3 description. So ED's own words :P

I've updated it with the info above. Let me know if I misunderstood anything ^^

Thanks!

Looks good - nice job! :)

The in-service year(1998 ) of the Su-33 is correct, although it should perhaps be said that this is the official acceptance year......a complete air regiment(24 units) was actually operational already in 1994 and the Su-33 had completed all acceptance trials by then, but for some reason it took some 3 and a half years before the official documents were signed.

Looks good - nice job! :)

The in-service year(1998 ) of the Su-33 is correct, although it should perhaps be said that this is the official acceptance year......a complete air regiment(24 units) was actually operational already in 1994 and the Su-33 had completed all acceptance trials by then, but for some reason it took some 3 and a half years before the official documents were signed.

Hmm. Ok. I think 1994 is more suitable, as the list is when the aircraft where operational.

//Jarl

Nice work, add weapons too please. Thanks!

• Like 1

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice work, add weapons too please. Thanks!

Thanks and great idea!

I think I'll make another Sheet in the same document for weapons. =)

I'm totally lost on it though, so I'll need your help with it! ^^

//Jarl.

I've been working on a mid 80s mission and I've just been using Google/WIKI to ask what time period certain weapons came out / went into service.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been working on a mid 80s mission and I've just been using Google/WIKI to ask what time period certain weapons came out / went into service.

Nice. If you have some written down already, please post them, and I'll add them, as a start =)

//Jarl

A-10C is a upgrade/modification of the A-10A. There were no new build A-10C airframes. IOC for the A-10C was in 2007.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

A-10C is a upgrade/modification of the A-10A. There were no new build A-10C airframes. IOC for the A-10C was in 2007.

Hmm. Yeah. I don't know where I found that the A-10C was already flying in '79 :P I'm baffled.

What does "IOC" mean?

//Jarl.

Edit: Owh, and: Thanks ^^

Edit2: My mistake was that I didn't set the span for the A-10C at all :P It copied the F-15C.

Edited by Jarlerus

Good job. Can you Freeze panes on row A7 please?

Ah! At first I didn't know what you meant, so I Googled, and now I learned something new =) Thanks!

Also froze the row, and the first column. ^^

//Jarl

Edited by Jarlerus
Grammar.

What does "IOC" mean?

IOC stands for Initial Operational Capability. It is the minimum standard for useful deployable service.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'm wondering: What sorting in the list do you prefer?

The by year and type, as in the "existing" part of the list,

or by year only, as in the "wishlist" part of the list?

Alternatively I can make it sortable on "year of introduction", though that would mess up the "existing/wishlist" division.

//Jarl

Edited by Jarlerus

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.