VR: how to read RIO WPN TYPE drum selector

wolle

I've been playing around in the RIO cockpit today. I use the oculus rift VR. On the weapons panel there is a drum selector to select the weapon type. Problem is the lettering on the drum is so tiny that there is simply no way to read it in VR (even zoomed in), it's not even close (I can read all other gauges and labels in all (other) cockpits).

What to do?:helpsmilie:

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the can’t read the WPN Selector Drum...

And

+1 for the Lantirn joystick blocking the Tacan...

I’m sure heatblur will sort this out in time but what a great fun aircraft... :-)

Edited by Space Cadet

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Yeah I certainly wouldn’t be against making the weapon selector easier to read in VR.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

my solution (at least for usual monitor gamers) would be to add this selection drum to the controls input indicator (right ctrl + enter) for RIO seat. Don't know if it would be of any help for VR users, i guess they fly with controls input indicator off for full immersion.

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro