Got the jitters.

Sparky1b09

Hey everyone, I fly in VR and have never had any real issues, until now. I flew online last night, no problem, everything nice and pretty. Today I get on the game and see there's an update so I update my game, get in the cockpit and notice immediately that every time I move my head any direction I get a jumpy picture. It doesn't matter how slow I move, I can just look from one side of the F-18 HUD to the other very slowly and I get about 3 jumps in that small movement. It does it flying or sitting still on the tarmac. If I move my head fast it's terrible. It does it in all the views ( F1, F2, F3 and so on). Like I said, I've never had this at all before. I have to believe it's something with the update. Am I wrong? Did the update do this to anyone else? And has anyone had this problem regardless of the cause and found a fix for it? In a 12 hour span my game has gone from very enjoyable to very upsetting. Thanks for any feedback.

I’ve experienced this in the past. One thing that always helped me was to navigate to your “ user/your name/saved games/dcs folder” open the FXO folder and delete its contents, then open the meta shader folder and delete its contents. Now start up DCS, give it a few moments and it will rebuild the shader files. I’ve started doing this after every update and it seems to help with strange graphical issues. Hope that works for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I usually follow this checklist, with my squad, when someone reports problems with micro stutters

Some might be old and no long applicable, but I try them anyway.

Try;

•RALT+ENT for fullscreen

•F10 map and back to cockpit (fixed?)

•RCRTL+KP 1-4 to change ASW (Oculus)

•Restart game and/or computer

•Disable "booster apps" - Intel Turbo Boost, Razer Cortax Game booster etc. (Dont know which or why but works sometimes)

Feel free to add if I missed any...

A part of NOSIG

I think this might be your problem:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

There has been a Windows 10 update that "possibly" can cause performance hits.

Also if your using Rift, Oculus also did an update, but for me it just plain broke Rift, there is a patch available on their web site.

I also got that effect when the Rift cable went faulty as well.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I think this might be your problem:

AHhhhh you got me good! I needed the laugh. Thanks :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Got it fixed. I found this post and went through and checked my settings that he suggested checking and after making the suggested changes my jittering went away and my framerates increased. https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/1744480967018037988/.

My game looks and plays very well now. I hope this may help others who have the same problem. And thank you to everyone who offered suggestions, even the jitterbug video, I needed the laugh.