Can't Switch to Desktop

Florida

Probably a stupid qyestion, but I can't solve it. I am running Win 10, the DCS 2.5 Beta, don't have Full Screen checked, but when I launch DCS, once it's open (appears as full screen anyway), I cannot switch out, either to the desktop (Win-D) or to another screen (alt-tab). I'd like to adjust my mouse, or my TrackIR once in awhile, but once I'm in DCS, I have to quit to do anything else.

Any help out there?

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

Probably a stupid qyestion, but I can't solve it. I am running Win 10, the DCS 2.5 Beta, don't have Full Screen checked, but when I launch DCS, once it's open (appears as full screen anyway), I cannot switch out, either to the desktop (Win-D) or to another screen (alt-tab). I'd like to adjust my mouse, or my TrackIR once in awhile, but once I'm in DCS, I have to quit to do anything else.

Any help out there?

I usually go the route of ctrl alt delete - task manager, then click show desktop (bottom right corner). Sometimes it takes two attempts. As soon as you select an app DCS will reappear so make sure you dont unfocus whatever app your using until you're finished. If anyone else has a better way I'd love to know as well!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I have full screen not checked but then I adjusted the screen resolution in the options/system menu. In windows my screen is set at 1920x1080 which is a common number. In DCS resolution field I originally also had it at 1920x1080 but I manually changed the 1080 to 1000. Now I have the task bar across the bottom of the screen. Depending what icons you already have there, and what you want to be able to do while you pause DCS, you may need to add buttons to the task bar. I have Chrome and File Explorer icons there. So I can easily search the web or open some of the stuff I have saved in my Sim Flying folder. In that folder I have runway layout maps saved as pdfs for the airports I fly often in XPlane. I also have manuals for planes I fly here and over there. It works great because DCS is just like any other program you may have on your PC. It's as easy to switch from DCS to the web as it is to switch from email to the web. I have been flying the FA18 a lot and it's nice to be able to 'active pause' DCS and look in the manual to figure how to set Tacan or ICLS or radio channels.