Index on outside of ASI?

Tiger-II

Hi,

I should maybe RTFM but not at my sim rig at the moment...

What is the index that automatically moves on the outside of the Mach meter?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hi,

I should maybe RTFM but not at my sim rig at the moment...

What is the index that automatically moves on the outside of the Mach meter?

That's ok, I will RTFM for ya. But not sure what you mean by 'automatically moves outside the Mach Meter'. There are two Index Pointers (ref markers), one for Mach and one for IAS, set by the Index Knob - push or pull to set manually. Not automatic.

ASI.thumb.png.d4b4d42c8a9790d9ed58ebb62651947a.png

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm. Look at the position of the marker on the ground, then fly and climb. It ends up around M 1.6.

EDIT: Ahh I see; the bug I'm looking at is possibly for IAS then as it moves around the instrument.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hmm the one that reads 98kts right now appears to move and I haven't managed to set it. I'll admit only tried a couple of times but it appears to move on it's own. What does it indicate ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses