FCS pitch

Eagle7907

Hey everyone,

The other day after I built a simple bomb range mission in Nevada, complete with fueling truck. I originally built the mission for F-14 but it was so well written that I decided to make it also a Hornet mission.

Usually I fly on the Caucuses map or Persia map. So I don’t know if this is map specific related?

Problem:

I noticed I have to constantly pull to keep the jet in level flight. I never had to do that before or at least in such an extremity. It seems to always nose down about 5 degrees. Flaps are in AUTO, Gear UP, flying in cruise flight with 6 mk20s, 2 65Fs, 2 120Cs, 2 9Xs.

Can anyone confirm or duplicate this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

OB

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Cold start, or hot start? Takeoff or air start?

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Cold start, or hot start? Takeoff or air start?

Cold start.

I will post both the mission and track file when I get home. It will have to wait until Thursday unfortunately.

Also it sounds like this is something very isolated. Maybe something I did wrong.

Returned and tested again

Hey guys,

I've been able to try this again and I think I know what happened. I accidentally bumped the trim hat. I took off again with same conditions and she flew straight and true without any problems. Out of curiosity I pressed the trim nose down. And sure enough, it caused the same problem I originally encountered.

Question: Is the jet supposed to have trim on the vertical axis while in Auto? From my understanding, its not, and even the mini control hud (Rctnl+Enter) sort of supports my query, because if you input trim in Auto, the small trim diamond doesn't move.

Also, I can't seem to get my wingman to taxi to the runway. I didn't alter anything regarding him and he seems to taxi only after I takeoff which is odd. I have the tanker truck drive and park close to wingman, but not in a blocking or restricting way. Any help would be great.

Here's the mission.

F18 bomb practice.miz

Edited by Eagle7907

From what I understand in the f18 trimming doesn’t physically move anything. You are simply telling the fcs to trim for a different G. Normally the plane trims for 1g. If you start trimming it will change its target G.

In landing configuration it trims for AoA.