Gear and cockpit lights

max22

The landing light switch is located on the left console, kinda below the gear lever and the cockpit light controls are on the right side console, to the right of the pilot.

Check the manual or Chuck's guide, you'll find everything you need, with pictures.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Regarding cockpit light controls, am I correct that its all on the right panel below the Anti-Ice switch?

This cockpit seems darker than a well-diggers ass at night; I can't even find these switches before lighting up some generator juice.

Am I missing something during the early phase of startup to illuminate the cockpit? Is there a spotlight like the A-10 so I can visually/mentally review the cockpit before initiating the startup procedure?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Yes, the cockpit lighting panel is behind the ice switch. You can use the flashlight or NVGs in the beginning, if you can't see anything

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

NVG probably require power from Gen after startup, not able to test right now.

Flashlight....didn't know there was a working flashlight, can you elaborate. That might solve my dilemma :)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

NVG probably require power from Gen after startup, not able to test right now.

Flashlight....didn't know there was a working flashlight, can you elaborate. That might solve my dilemma :)

Nvg's is battery powered to my knowledge.

https://www.harris.com/solution/harris-an-avs-9-aviators-night-vision-imaging-systems

Search your controls for flashlight :)

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NOTE: The flashlight batteries do die, but they are good for an entire start-up sequence. You can also change the color from white to green. ;)

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

@macedk...."Search your controls for flashlight "

Clever....you could've mentioned doing that with LAlt-L and saved me a little time but I enjoyed the hunt. Thanks...learned a little more today:doh:

Kinda of an important key binding as it gives a lot better view of cockpit then the installed lighting, especially for newer pilots in this a/c

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Clever....you could've mentioned doing that with LAlt-L and saved me a little time but I enjoyed the hunt. Thanks...learned a little more today:doh:

Kinda of an important key binding as it gives a lot better view of cockpit then the installed lighting, especially for newer pilots in this a/c

Yep :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Wrong thread, sorry

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just a heads up if someone tells you to search for "this" it might be because they have remapped that binding to something else and no longer know the default binding is.