Removing files from FXO necessary for changes to Antialiasing?

Grifter

Hi,

Someone recommended in another, older thread that it is necessary to go into the Users/Name/SavedGames/DCS/fxo folder and delete all files therein if you make changes to your antialiasing and want them to take effect. Can anyone confirm if this is still necessary?

Obviously, making adjustments this way to settings requires me to shutdown DCS and restart it. Very tedious and I'm wondering if it is really necessary. Or can I just make changes at the Nvidia control panel and have it override game settings. Will that work? Would I still need to reboot?

Thanks,

Grifter-RLG.

Well, that's the problem. I'm not experiencing any errors but I also can't tell if the changes I made actually are taking effect. So I guess I'm asking if anyone can confirm this step as necessary to get the changes made to antialiasing to take effect in game.

thanks.

If it is I certainly have never heard about it.

I do usually delete those files when I am about to download a new update just as routine maintenance for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not that Im aware of, but if you cant see a difference, maybe its not worth that extra performance cost.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |