Overriding in game MSAA?

Hi,

I'm trying to optimize my graphics settings. Do I need to turn MSAA on in game to have my Nvidia card override it? In the Nvidia Control Panel I have the option to set AA to overide "any 3D application settings." But, there seems to be some debate about whether you need to turn the in-game MSAA off or leave it on. Can anyone tell me if I should leave it on or take it off?

Thanks.

Grifter-RLG

Edited by Grifter
Clarifying my question.

Hi,

I'm trying to optimize my graphics settings. Do I need to turn MSAA on in game to have my Nvidia card override it? In the Nvidia Control Panel I have the option to set AA to overide "any 3D application settings." But, there seems to be some debate about whether you need to turn the in-game MSAA off or leave it on. Can anyone tell me if I should leave it on or take it off?

Thanks.

Grifter-RLG

In game MSAA is the only method that works, leave your nvidia control panel on application setting.

Try Reshade (search Google) to inject SMAA and a sharpening filter like LumaSharpen. Works great for me, and you do not lose that much of fps compared to the ingame MSAA solution.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Try Reshade (search Google) to inject SMAA and a sharpening filter like LumaSharpen. Works great for me, and you do not lose that much of fps compared to the ingame MSAA solution.

I've thought about this for VR, I've seen some nice F16 vids using re-shade.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Reshade doesnt work for VR. Tried that.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Hm. a) wonder if its compatible with MP b) nice upgrade Harlikwin, Santa really came through eh!

Santa always delivers :thumbup:

Honestly my main limitiations on DCS tend to be not money related, rather circumstances make somethings impractical at times, the old laptop was a compromise that needed to be made at the time, circumstances changed and so did the system. For the same reasons, I can't really build a "pit" so I'm heavily leveraging VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Reshade doesnt work for VR. Tried that.

Thats a shame.

Kegetys's mod works like a charm, just kind of a pain having to redo it with every upgrade. But I like the way it handles MSAA.

Read somewhere that MSAA is really inefficient with deferred shading, and wondering if post-processing helps.

May go back to just PD, not sure it makes all that much difference

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder