How this ka-50 can eject??

"Specially designed Zvezda K-37-800 ejection system for safe ejection at any altitude; following explosive separation of rotor blades and cockpit roof, pilot is extracted from cockpit by large rocket; alternatively, he can jettison doors and stores before rolling out of cockpit sideways." - Janes

Further Info

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

i think this guy died in su-25 ejection test eheheh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvvZvKSgO4

Cannot find Humour in that - Would further have to disagree ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IIRC one of GA's Black Shark Movies show the In-Game Ejection Sequence.......not sure which one off-hand though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rumour has it that due to Budget Constraints the K-37-800 Ejection System is being replaced by a more cost-effective alternative:

Test-Footage of Prototype Alternative

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is it? Autorotation hehe. I wouldn't wanna be pulling that ejection handle at any time other than when the blades have clipped and there's nothing left to ride in.

Rumour has it that due to Budget Constraints the K-37-800 Ejection System is being replaced by a more cost-effective alternative:

Test-Footage of Prototype Alternative

Some rumor spread on the net included something about 'the extraction rocket being algled in order to clip any unseperated blades so the cable could grab the blade and thus pull out the pilot' A little rationale will tell you two things: 1; there are no provision for complete jettisoning of the whole upper part of the cockpit section. 2; what are the chances of that motor+wire actually getting entangled with a rotor?

So, should this 'feature' work, our onfortunate pilot would be grated and sliced by either sides of the upper part of the canopy structure. Good thinking avsimpublishing.uk or something guys :/

So, you rather autorotate with a damaged and burning engine (potential explosion, not a hollywood one, but one that makes the pilot go all *splat*) into a mountain than riding the silk? Those systems are not just placed for peacetime incidents, just like normal ejection seats. If fighters were not intended to fly in a war they would have no ejection seats either in the first place. Surely the addition of ejection systems is positive in peacetime incidents, but it was not the intention of the whole concept.

AFAIK the sequence in the lomac betas is rudimental at the very most, no, no spoilers about how it is now, I want to be disappointed after I have the game, not before.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: