Change of Liveries

Ronstub

I am a beginner with DCS and have tried everything now after searching the forums to add a new livery to my recently purchased Yak-52. I have copied the files into: User\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Yak-52\Luftwaffe and alternative into C:\Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\Yak-52\Luftwaffe. How do i use these liveries? I have not found any function where i could select them. Where do i properly store the livery files and how do i use them in the game? Please help. Thanks.

@Ronstub

When you download the skin file it'll be a luftwaffe.zip or .rar

you need to extract this using winzip or whatever

so you get something like F:\Users\username\Downloads\luftwaffe\luftwaffe (the last folder hold all the texture & description.lua files) you need to take the last luftwaffe folder and paste it to User\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Yak-52\ so you have

User\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Yak-52\luftwaffe and not User\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Yak-52\luftwaffe\luftwaffe

then in game, when on a friendly airfield open the re-arm window (left ALT & @) and choose the livery form there

or in mission editor, place an aircraft then in the load out menu for it chose the livery above the little 3d viewing window

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Ron, locations are good. When in the sim you need to press LALT+' this will.bring up.the ordinance load out. You can select livery from drop down. It will only be there if your aircraft is of the country specified in the description.lua of that paint. If so, it will.be in the drop down menu.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Hi Dingo_Bob and Rick,

your input has helped me a lot. Now it works. I had to experiment a little sind i am using a German keyboard where many keys are different from the english keyboard. I found that the "Ä" key does the job.

Thanks lot and cheers, Ronald

Hi there,

another question: when i use your advise in the Caucasus scenario it works fine to see and use the Luftwaffe Livery. When i am using the Normandy 1944 scenario it is not visible. Why that? Thanks for help.

Best regards

Ronald

Hi there,

another question: when i use your advise in the Caucasus scenario it works fine to see and use the Luftwaffe Livery. When i am using the Normandy 1944 scenario it is not visible. Why that?

There are two Germany: Germany (post war) and Third Reich (II WW) .. maybe your livery is for one of them and the scenario has the aircraft for the other Germany.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB