When is HB going to be given access to model the phoenix missile correctly?

MobiSev

As far as I am aware, after the latest patch's changes to the 54, it marry's up exactly to the real world test data.

The lofting, propulsion, etc. were corrected last patch, but the seeker/guidance seem to be modeled incorrectly, and HB does not have access from ED to change them. If you lose TWS tracking, the A variants are supposed to go stupid, while the C's should go to an intercept point based on the targets last known heading, alt, speed, etc. and go active 5 or so miles from that point. Also, if you STT lock and lose lock, I believe all variants are supposed to go stupid...not 100% certain on this though, the C's might be different than the A and go pitbull.

Right now, they all just go active straight away like the amraam and dive down to the ground upon losing the target on radar.

Also:

As for the missiles: All missiles in DCS guide through mountains etc. This is because all missiles share more or less the same INS guidance, which ED is working on to improve. It only becomes apparent with the aim54 due to its much longer range. But apart from that and the seeker being active because we still do not have access to it to model it correctly, there is nothing "op" about it. It was a kick ass aircraft in real life and it kicks ass in game.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

That is also the reason why i think the F-14 is overpowered right now. Not because of flight characteristics but because of the Phoenix. You basically have a fire and forget weapon for 60nm shots. You can shoot and turn away without being threatened by anything at all.

Feel free to correct me on this, but can't the Phoenix be guided by datalink from another platform?

I read somewhere that the launching aircraft can indeed turn around right after launch as long as another F-14 is available to take over the guidance. Does this only work for fighter-to-fighter D/L or from AWACS as well? I heard that an E-2D can even take over guidance of AMRAAMS...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Feel free to correct me on this, but can't the Phoenix be guided by datalink from another platform?

I read somewhere that the launching aircraft can indeed turn around right after launch as long as another F-14 is available to take over the guidance. Does this only work for fighter-to-fighter D/L or from AWACS as well? I heard that an E-2D can even take over guidance of AMRAAMS...

Nope, the 54 is not capable of launching on data link. I thought so too but was corrected here.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --