Peruvian Air Forces Mod

MiGgressor

Sorry for the lack of updates :( I had a major crash months ago and lots of mod-related files were damaged. I've been working on recovering them and carrying on with the mod. Here are some minor updates:

What I have ready so far (custom pilot skins not shown but they are there):

unidadeslistaseh9.jpg

Latest work on the Su22:

su22fapwip3as7.jpg

su22fapwip4ce3.jpg

Some aircraft I had already completed will have to be done again from scratch, but I'm happy to see not everything was lost :thumbup:

• Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can i say? you are really talented and should get lots of rep for this. I understand the hard work aswell as i can imagine the ada guys will. Just incredible work. BRAVO!

+1

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Thank you shaggy and OldCrow! Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Here's the Su22 finally done in the official presentation format (which means it's finished and I can move on to something else) :lol:

4bab5e92fe.jpg

825d7efb7e.jpg

I take real pride on this one as the Su22 has always been one of my favourite Peruvian Air Force jets and, since the aircraft has been recently withdrawn from active duty after a long and distinguished service, I think of this skin as a small tribute to the aircraft and crews that flew it.

AN2, while I'd love to work on the Polish Su22, I'm afraid it has become increasingly difficult to find time to work on my own mod; other people have asked me to do skins for them but I'm sorry to say I won't be able to do so until I finish with my own (otherwise, I'm afraid I would never complete this mod). I'm sorry, but for the moment I must decline to your request :(

If you're looking for Polish skins, however, there are quite a few good ones over at Lockonfiles.com, there's even a complete Polish Air Force mod which includes skins for the Su22 and the F-16. Look for "PL-MOD" at Lockonfiles - I've seen it also being hosted at CombatAce.com.

Hope this helps! :)

Different colors 8)

11.GIF

mig-29-peru.jpg

mig-29-peru-2008.jpg

Peruvian 'Fitters' have undergone several camouflage modifications over the years. And since not a single camo scheme is standard, you will find out there are way too many variations to call one of them "right colours". Only in desert camo there are at least 3 recognisable variations:

Two-tone light and dark brown:

su22m95hz1.jpg

"Tiger stripe" two-tone light and dark brown:

su22mtigerstripesda0.jpg

This one has even applications of intermediate brown/"brownish" green on it for a three-tone pattern:

su22mdesert2dr3.jpg

(and please take notice I'm only talking about Su22M/UMs acquired in the early eighties here, because the first batches of Su22 'Fitter F' and 'E' jets, purchased from the USSR between 1976 and 1977, flew with an even more different camouflage:

su22per1mj2.jpg)

When the squadron moved from La Joya airbase in the south (desert location) to a more jungle-like environment in northern Talara, the aircraft migrated from desert to jungle camouflage. Even those are so diverse in pattern and colour tone you can't say there is one that could be referred to as the "standard" one:

(The tiger nose art is a squadron anniversary application and was only around for a few months):

su22jungle90tw4.jpg

This one has a different light green tone and even the pilot's name written on the front fuselage, which is indeed a rarity:

su22mjungle2ka9.jpg

The latest camo worn by our Su22 was this one up until the platform's withdrawn from active duty just a few years ago:

su22latestsi3.jpg

... and this is the one I have chosen to render in Lock-On as I have lots of detailed photos, which I have thoroughly analysed to determine the "right colours" (is not as easy as you may think, as lighting and atmospheric conditions can change dramatically the "true colour" eye perception).

(the two last photos correspond to some of the latest Su22 to ever see service in Peru, as they received an MLU after the conflict with Ecuador in '95 - you can see the PPI-26/PPR-26 countermeasures-compatible chaff/flare dispensers, for instance)

MiG29 colour applications also tend to vary from one aicraft to the next and even colour tones do not match, even under similar lighting conditions. I have detailed photos and been around Peruvian 'Fulcrums' plenty enough to get a pretty close idea on what the actual camo really looks like:

mig291dm1.jpg

mig292yk2.jpg

mig293et4.jpg

In the image you post, the green is too light; it never gets to be that light, not by chance. The last image in your post, again, is completely wrong. Latest camo on the MiG29 looks nothing like that at all:

mig29latestvd6.jpg

mig29latest2dt7.jpg

It's more of a combination between greyish blue and light blue (base) tones, an attempt on air superiority optical camouflage.

So anyway, I thank you for trying to contribute but you should better do your research next time.

MiGgressor

I be glad that you do not have he (it) make for time new skin a lot Lock. I understand you perfectly on part ) Lockonfiles.com, of course, POLISH AIR POWER are but they are not made well < goods (right) >, they do not act always you can write in summary ( how are made skin what (which) program? I salute, and I wish good results in work.

Thanks, shaggy! It's already being finished right now and since it is one of the most important player-controlled aircraft in the mod, you'll get the MiG29 in two flavours (this particular skin and the new two-tone blue combination air superiority one).

Very good skin on that Fulcrum C!

Tell me, how many of these are in service with Peruvian AF?!

Thanks mate!

We have 19 MiGs in service right now: 14 MiG29S (Russian index 9-13S) and 2 MiG29UB two-seaters acquired second-hand from Belarus as well as 3 MiG29SE, export variant index 9-13SE acquired brand new from Russia.

21 MiGs were originally purchased between 1995 and 1996, but two of them were lost in accidents (one of them during a night training exercise atributed to pilot loss of situational awareness and the other due to engine failure at low altitude - fortunately no one was killed as pilots ejected safely on both occasions). A contract with RAC MiG was signed late last year to upgrade eight aircraft - two -UB and six -S - to a standard similar to -SMT (and since the upgrade is being tailored to specific Peruvian Air Force requirements, it's been dubbed as -SMP, "P" for "Peru"). Upgrades shall include the introduction of HOTAS and at least one large format MFCD in the cockpit, a heavily modified N109 radar with components from the Zhuk-ME, new KOLS Article-13M optronic sensor, state-of-the-art electronic countermeasures suite, RVV-AE compatibility (right now, only jets acquired from Russia can fire the RVV-AE), etc.

Do you have any RL reports regarding a simulated dogfights between Peruvian Fulcrums and Falcons?!

Yep, a US Air Force team visited Peru a year-or-so ago for conducting exercises with the Peruvian Air Force. F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 4th Fighter Squadron based at Hill AFB, Utah, as well as AEW&C, support and air-to-air refuelling aircraft visited Chiclayo in northern Peru for a full week of exercises not only with Peruvian 'Fulcrums' but Mirage 2000s as well.

At the end of the week, several aircraft visited Lima - the city I live in and capital of my country - for an airshow at Las Palmas airbase. Pilots from the Viper West F-16 demo team put up a fantastic demonstration. Our fighter pilots didn't disappoint, as well :)

Peru.jpg (click for high res)

025.jpg

There's no official information on the outcomes of such dogfights (as usual) but off-the-record and from people I know in the military and defence-related media, I'm confident to say our planes and pilots did good. At first, US pilots were getting hammered because they seemed to underestimate their Peruvian colleagues and put their most novice pilots in the seat during the early stages of the exercises to dogfight the MiGs and Mirages... but later on, they weighted up when more experienced US pilots stepped in.

All and all, it was good practice for both forces and the chance for Peruvian fighter pilots to get a feel on what it would be like to dogfight the F-16 (as you know, Chile, our neighbour to the south, has F-16 in its inventory, recently acquired from the US and the Netherlands). And they could explore in detail the Fighting Falcon (F-16C/D Block 40 CCIP, similar to the Chilean F-16 Block 50s) as they often flew as backseaters aboard the -D Viper models, even during simulated dogfights.

• Like 1

Maybe a stupid question but will this mof be compatable with Lockonfiles CAW mod ????

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Maybe a stupid question but will this mof be compatable with Lockonfiles CAW mod ????

The only stupid question is the one that's never asked :)

I haven't really thought about it as I'm not a CAW user, but I could eventually think of it as a possibility. I'm making it compatible with SimMod's A-10 and Walmis' F-15, for the time being.

that is very nice.

Thanks!

Exist any project for a "Peru" style map?

Not that I'm aware of. I had seen Hawg11's Nevada terrain but I'm not aware of processes or modding tools required for making a new terrain in LOFC. Even so, it's beyond my current capability right now - making skins and coding everything in LOFC is hard and time-consuming enough... I can't imagine myself undertaking the making of a terrain on my own! I wouldn't know where or how to start, anyway...

Would be nice if anyone out there accepted the challenge, though :lol:

• Like 1

The only stupid question is the one that's never asked :)

I haven't really thought about it as I'm not a CAW user, but I could eventually think of it as a possibility. I'm making it compatible with SimMod's A-10 and Walmis' F-15, for the time being.

Does this Mod alter the MEint file ? Hopefully not so I'll be able to use it in CAW ... many thanks for the answer ..... So far:pilotfly:

PS FINE LOOKING MOD:)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me