[UNREALISTIC] NCTR print on RDR display

AvroLanc

Can I make a reasonable suggestion for the display of NCTR data.

Currently, to view the NCTR ID of a hostile, you have generate an STT lock, SCS down to the SA page, to slew, or now 'Step' to the contact. Only then can the aircraft ID be seen, at which point you've lost seconds and your head can't be further down in the cockpit.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to show the aircraft ID somewhere on the radar page. Maybe in the top right border. This would allow the quick and easy ID of a contact as soon as a STT lock is made.

Since the NCTR displays are probably classified anyway, and since any solution ED implement for us arguably won't match the real system, it would seem a very sensible QOL thing to add. For that pop up unknown 10 miles in your face. Ala Mongo's Mig-21.

IRL F/A-18's had NCTR displays well before SA pages were added anyway.

Thanks.

It's as realistic based on the available data we have right now.

No, I believe 100% that you guys are going as realistic as possible... my beef is with the real designers allowing such a (potential) oversight. :thumbup:

While I'm at it, I also can't believe that Hughes didn't include a bearing to locked target read-out on the Radar display either?!

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

IRL you wouldn't need to rely on NCTR as much as we do in DCS, other surveillance assets are going to give you a positive ID way before you get close enough for a NCTR print. Between that, IFF, RWR correlation and just general pre-mission intelligence gathering efforts, you're going to have pretty clear idea of whats coming at you well before NCTR is going to matter, in the context of ROE doctrine.

So I'm sure all that played a role in the decision to not have it on the already cluttered up attack radar page.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: