Dear ED - visibility

Rikus

Because screen size is exactly what determines how big anything you see is. The same object on a 24” screen will appear 2x the size on a 50” one!

It’s not rocket science.

Apparently it is, because you got it wrong. Going by your assumption, the 60" screen shown above should show an object 300% larger than the listed 15" monitor. In actuality, the difference is about 15%. Your guess is off by a factor of 20 — that's how wrong you are. So whenever you say something about how “wrong” scale will look, this is how much the rest of us must conclude you're inflating the results you're imagining. In other words, your claims and worries are in every way, shape, and form wholly divorced from reality.

You keep harping on about screen size without having the slightest shred of a clue as to what it actually means, which is quite impressive after having it so thoroughly explained to you.

If scaling claims to be so accurate then in order to show you the correct size for a target, it would have to consider the screen size.
It does. But no, it doesn't actually have to as has already been explained.

Who says a 2x factor at 14,000’ is accurate?
Well-tested, statistical, empirical evidence.

And I’m not reading it because it’s all gibberish.
And thus we can dismiss everything you've ever said on the topic as wilfully ignorant and uninformed off-topic trolling.

There’s no way any of these scaling factors know how big your screen is
Wrong. Read, or be quiet.

The Serfoss study was only valid on specific display hardware.
Wrong. The study (and subsequent ones) even addresses this point. Read them all, or be quiet.
Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I’m not reading it because it’s all gibberish.

Then please just go away and stop posting if you have nothing useful to add.

There are some good possibilities in this thread, I hope ED at least tests some of them out internally.

Whatever. This is the silliest topic that ever runs its course on the forums.

If you want to waste more time, go search up all the posts by the ED team members telling people not to hope for this in the game because they mostly seem to just not like it.

This whole thread is riddled by forum rule violations as you all keep comparing games and continually posting this topic that’s already been acknowledged.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

…to say nothing of a never-ending string of 1.5 violations and trying to bait people into discussions that violate other rules.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Any discussion of “smart scaling” is a de facto rule violation. Really.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Hi all

Thanks for the feedback, the thread is descending into chaos so I will close.

Please ensure you are aware of our forum rules before posting in the future.

It has been discussed many times here, for now ED are happy with the current visibility mechanics.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2