Multiplayer RIO Phoenix wont fire in TWS

sploitz

Ive had an Issue flying online today with my buddy.

The Phoenix would not launch in TWS, had blinking Target and launch order was ok.

As soon as i gave my Pilot a target in STT he could fire the Phoenix.

Ive double checked but didnt seem to miss anything on startup.

Has anyone else experienced such issues?

Double check that you have the MSL PREP button depressed and that the missiles have had sufficient time to cool. Double check that the MASTER ARM switch is set to ON.

I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I've been caught out before by forgetting MSL PREP, so it's worth re-stating.

Never happened (I haven't tried last patch though), double check your checklists. Seems more as a pilot issue rather than RIO.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

@Relayer STT Phoenix worked from my Pilots Seat

Thanks Ill speak with my Pilot again

As soon as i switched from TWS to STT he could fire, but we were online intercepting a flight of TU22s and i would have liked to engage the whole flight at once.

I have actually not really flown the F14 from the front, is there anything my Pilot might have missed? Even after he engaged the first Tu22 in STT i went back to TWS with 5 more Phoenix on stations and still could not engage.

You (RIO) should fire in BVR engagements since you have a better SA and understanding of the situation than the pilot. Try by firing yourself.

Instead of asking us what he may have misses, it's easier if you ask him how he did FENCE IN and report the steps. If it's working in STT there's no reason why it should not work in TWS Manual. It has been working since day-one so sounds really odd.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Sounds like you either weren't in TWS mode, but in RWS mode or if you have been in TWS mode, then there was jo target within launch parameters. You can see if a target is within launch parameters in TWS mode when it starts blinking and gets a launch priority number assigned by the WCS.

Just guessing here, but was your target marked as Hostile and did it have an engagement priority assigned to it?

It don't need to be hostile. It can be unkown too. It does need an engagement priority though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

My guess would be the following, too: either in RWS or PD or Pulse search than TWS (can easily be mistaken on the TID if you dont look closely), however if you got target prioritization the cruise instead A/A hud mode is the most likely mistake on pilot side.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The thing that has caught me and my group out more often than not is being in cruise mode vs A/A mode in the front seat, if you are in TWS it looks exactly the same in cruise vs A/A except you wont get a hot trigger.

It does not look exactly the same. If the pilot is not in A/A mode the weapon selection display on the bottom right in the TID will be dark green, instead of bright green which would indicate that the weapon is ready to go. So when going in a fight you should always make sure that the weapon selection shines in bright green color on the TID!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Why i can t shoot 2 missiles to the same target in tws mod? Thanks. (Just only i can fire)

This simply wasn't possible in real life either.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/