The future of setting the laser code for guided bombs from the cockpit

BarTzi

As mentioned in the last Viper mini-update, you will not be able to set the laser code of laser-guided bombs within the cockpit of the F-16 (as should be).

Which makes me wonder- will we see a redesign of this system in the Hornet (and possibly the A-10C) and the removal of the option to set the code from within the cockpit?

I’d like to think the “Data Cart” option being developed for the Hornet can/will be carried over to other aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I’d like to think the “Data Cart” option being developed for the Hornet can/will be carried over to other aircraft.

I hope they add this feature. Ability to save CMS programs without lua editing would be sweet

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

As mentioned in the last Viper mini-update, you will not be able to set the laser code of laser-guided bombs within the cockpit of the F-16 (as should be).

Which makes me wonder- will we see a redesign of this system in the Hornet (and possibly the A-10C) and the removal of the option to set the code from within the cockpit?

Don't expect it in the near future but yes:

So will this be changed for the hornet and harrier and other LGB carrying aircraft, where currently you can change the code?

Hi Harlikwin,

We would like to at a later point once we complete the aircraft and mission card option completed.

Thanks

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings