Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

and because of that were getting all kinds of orders for C-130J models.

so... what are the causes of the problems with the airbus?

lets not forget that the brazilians are going to build something to compete on this market; several countries in South America what to join the project too.

lets not forget that the brazilians are going to build something to compete on this market; several countries in South America what to join the project too.

from what ive heard, they've been having alot of issues with their vendors; ie a conflict of interest. like trying to get cheaper components made in low wage countries like china, and along with that a high amount of poor quality craftsmanship. basically, it keeps breaking down.

If you mean Embraer C-390 it has a much smaller payload and is still in development. The japanese XC-2 could compete with A-400M, I don`t know the price difference between them though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i was watching wiki about the A400 yesterday and with its wagon of problems the A400 is today as expensive as the C-17 but if it manages to take its flight economically , and i think it will , it can make the project become viable . the A400 has no competitor for a long time and the only countries that could develop one the US and Russia have no interest in doing so , they already have their freighters

The things people do with photo shop.

See if you can tell why this photo is fake, is very obvious to me.

mlrsf16.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That is one reason I think is fake, but there is one obvious thing there. While you look check this out, Is not related to the previous pic, I just thought it was cool

tb-lg-f-2d16falcon-bg.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The refuel door is open, why would anyone open it on a low fly by? :)

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The refuel door is open, why would anyone open it on a low fly by? :)

Bingo, That is why I want to be like you when I grow up :D

Plus opening the in-flight refueling (IFR) door depressurizes the fuel system. Leaving the fuel tanks depressurize will affect the proper fuel transfer, creating balancing problems and could lead to engine flame out due to fuel starvation if maneuvering.

Other hints:

- Shadow on the F-16 do not match MLRS

- Leading edge flaps (LEF) are down, but no vortexes are form. This is more common, but not limited to, low speed flight, like when leaving a tanker after taking on fuel.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Kvochur thinks otherwise :P

1053653.jpg

Why do they have the IFR probe out on that airshow pass? Could it be for the demo smoke?:huh:

To whom it may concern,

BF-1Shorttakeoff_March_17_10.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Why do they have the IFR probe out on that airshow pass? Could it be for the demo smoke?:huh:

Because it's switching AC's controls to precise mode, which is very helpful when you try to dock your probe with the tanker's drogue, or...if you doesn't want to meet the land while you flying at 3-5m. :D

'Bizarre' tanker twist: Russians will bid against Boeing for Air Force contract

Russia's government-owned aerospace company United Aircraft will announce Monday it is competing against Boeing for the $40 billion refueling-tanker contract, a Los Angeles attorney for the company said Friday.

By Rami Grunbaum

Seattle Times deputy business editor

AD AGENCY FRONTLINE COMMUNICATIO

Here's the latest twist in the Air Force tanker saga: The Russians are coming.Russia's government-owned aerospace company will announce Monday it is competing against Boeing for the $40 billion refueling-tanker contract, a Los Angeles attorney for the company said Friday.United Aircraft of Moscow plans to unveil a U.S. partner and offer a modified version of its Ilyushin Il-96 wide-body plane, said John Kirkland, a Los Angeles lawyer representing the group.The still-unidentified partner, "a U.S. public company and existing defense contractor," would assemble the planes in the U.S., he said. The Russian interest in the tanker bid was first reported Friday by The Wall Street Journal.United Aircraft was formed under the authority of then-President Vladimir Putin in 2006 to combine the most famous names in Russian aviation: Sukhoi, Tupolev, Ilyushin, MiG.

Kirkland acknowledged it faces "significant hurdles ... there are obvious security issues, there are sanctions and restrictions on buying things from Russia."

He insisted, however, that "the Il-96 meets every single one of the final RFP (request for proposal) requirements, and it comes in at a lower price (than Boeing), so if it's a fair competition, we win."

One leading U.S. aerospace analyst thinks otherwise.

"What a completely bizarre idea," said Richard Aboulafia of the Teal Group.

"There would be enormous political, technical and performance barriers. It will not happen."

For one thing, Aboulafia said, "The Il-96's operating economics have more in common with the KC-135's than with the Airbus and Boeing jets scheduled to replace the KC-135s."

Kirkland said that might be true of the current Ilyushin Il-96, which uses four engines. But United Aircraft will pitch a tanker using two modern, fuel-efficient Western engines, he said.

"That's a great idea, if the Air Force enjoys taking on much more risk and if they delay the program a few years," Aboulafia responded.

"Just when I thought (the tanker competition) couldn't get any dumber this comes along," he added.

On another front in the tanker contest, European manufacturer EADS said Friday it was asking the Pentagon for a 90-day extension of the bidding deadline so it can decide whether to proceed without its partner Northrop Grumman.

Northrop was scheduled to assemble EADS's Airbus A330 tankers in a new plant in Mobile, Ala. But it dropped out March 8, saying the contract requirements tilted in Boeing's favor by emphasizing price over additional capabilities.

Kirkland said that "if Airbus doesn't bid, we'll step into their shoes" and consider using the Mobile, Ala., site.

The Ilyushin Il-96 first flew in 1988 as the Soviet Union began to crumble. Only 20 were sold before the passenger version was discontinued amid economic chaos at home and little interest abroad. Russian civilian aircraft, to the extent they are known in the West, are often considered lumbering and unreliable.

But Kirkland said they are sturdy, noting they have ferried U.S. troops into Afghanistan. United Aircraft makes the refueling tanker for Russia's air forces, based on the Ilyushin Il-76 airliner, and would convert its newer airliner in similar fashion, he said.

He attributed the mechanical problems of Russian airliners to lack of access to proper maintenance and training — something that could be corrected if United Aircraft can establish a maintenance, repair and overhaul base (MRO) in the U.S., he said.

"The whole economic incentive to do this transaction is we will have an MRO facility in the U.S., to allow us to service Russian airplanes to eliminate the maintenance problems people experience with Russian airplanes."

That in turn would open the door for United Aircraft to market its Antonov AN148 regional jet, for up to about 85 passengers, in the U.S. market.

"Its Putin's favorite plane," Kirkland said, adding that because of the AN148's low price, "Everyone should want it, they're just worried about the maintenance."

He said his Russian clients told him that when President Obama met Putin, the Russian president specifically asked about United Aircraft's potential bid on the tanker.

"Obama gave him his personal assurance they would be given a fair shot at this like everyone else," he said.

source

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2011392418_russiatanker20.html

• Like 1

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Now that's interesting.

But the Yankees' record on military deals still makes me think "'fair shot' my ass!" :music_whistling:

well considering thar the president is going to be flying in augusta weiland choppers, i would beg to differ. remember sikorsky is technically a russian company as well, thats an unfair assessment.

hitman, as far as I know, the Sikorsky company we're talking about was founded in the US, and by a Ukranian (at that time, Russian).

That's American, according to my book.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, but in most cases, that's quite how it happens.

I see Mr. Obama is trying to "fix" your foreign relations, and is doing quite well so far. Hopefully, we'll see fair decisions in the KC & OA-X competitions (by the way, any gen on the latter?)