[Wish] Improved Load Screen for Static Templates

Rudel_chw

Dear ED,

The addition of the Static Templates feature to the Mission Editor has really been an outstanding improvement on the ME ease of use, greatly reducing the amount of time needed to edit immersive missions ... but I do have a wish regarding it (actually, I've several, but this one is at least easy to implement) :)

This is the current screen that shows up when I try to Load a Static Template:

5CTvV5J.jpg

It seems that when the ST feature was being designed, ED envisioned providing a set of Default Templates, but actually never got to provide any ... so, that lefts the whole left column unused.

On the other hand, the description field is the only place where we can document each Template features and requirements .. but currently its only 5 lines high, forcing the user to scroll it to see the rest of the description.

So, my Wish is: Can you redesign this screen so that both the Default and the Customized Sections are shown on the left side, one on the top half and the other on the bottom half; at the same time moving the description over to the right side ? .. something like this (sorry, my abilities wit Paint suck a bit):

5tHXSMi.jpg

This is my first ever wish-thread .. hopefully it will be heard by whoever is mantaining the ME at ED :) Thanks a lot and best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...