[REPORTED]WW2 AI Crashes when strafing parked 'Uncontrolled' targets

Hi all,

I have been messing around learning to create a Normandy map and as the title says the undamaged AI seems to crash a lot when strafing parked 'Uncontrolled' aircraft.

I have done some testing as no matter what task I set the aircraft to they'd still crash. However when using aircraft from the 'static' menu (in the mission editor) the AI is able to attack them without a problem.

Its a little irritating as i'd like to have the option of knocking out triggered AI groups on their hardstands before they get chance to scramble.

Ah ok I have only recently started getting into DCS and the mission editor so have only really played around with the WW2 stuff.

That's a real shame though considering the AI seem to be able to attack the AA, trucks and other things ok.

I guess one can hope that someone at ED sees this and fixes it soon :)

• ED Team

Hi, thanks for the post, can you attach the mission or track replay so we can take a look?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I sure can! And have attached the files :)

You'll see the AI strafing uncontrolled aircraft will just crash most of the time, out of 8 planes, 3 would be lucky to make it back. However attacking the static aircraft they all make it back all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this :).

AI Strafing Uncontrolled.miz

AI Strafing Static.miz

• ED Team

thank you!

Edit - reported to the team, thank you.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2