In game speech

Void78

I am curious are there any plans to add different spoken languages(with english subtitles) to the game.

Namely languages of countries that we have on Caucasus region and Persian map.

Also languages of planes that we have in Dcs,such as Mirage,Ajs 37

and so on.It is kind of an immersion killer(at least for me ) to have English speaking Atc, wing man, etc. in a Viggen for example.

Edited by Void78

Usually you speak in english with ATC, JTAC etc. disregarding the country native language. With your wingman you speak partially english and native language.

Don't know about soviet/russian/eastern countries.

But you mentioned mostly western aircraft, so I don't see where it breaks immersion.

Are you telling me that Georgians,Iranians,Turks,Swedes,French use English language in their military:doh:.I know you are just jesting but don't know why.

Anyway Swedes,and French will use English only when they are part of some joint exercise.

All over the world english is used in communication between aircraft, at least in civilian areas. sometimes in small airport or on airstrips you might hear people using their native language, but that is bad practice.

In russia they practically do their own thing and they talk in russian. in fact russia is the only country that reserves exclusive rights to their airspace and only allows a select few companies to fly into their airports while other countries only charge service fees for overflight and/or landings.

I'm not sure how it works in the military, but from what I could see in a german jtac training, they talked in english between the german ground troops and the german pilots in their tornadoes.

I imagine it would make sense to talk english only, even intraflight, especially since most nato brevity codes are english anyway and that at least a good few airforce pilots would come from a background with civilian flight, but that's just an educated guess. On the ground of course you have a lot more time to articulate anything you might want to say, and you are not working with a limited bandwidth radio most of the time, so of course infantry will talk in their native language.

Are we still arguing about this.

Air Traffic Control is about“maintaining a safe and expeditious flow of air traffic”,so of course English language is used in civ.domain.

All mil. pilots are also required to know English lang. regardless if they are in the NATO or not.

German Jtac using Eng language where only German troops are present makes no sense.Are you telling me that they have lost their identity as a nation?

Here..

...Swedes in dogfight practice..atc chimes in also.

Where do you hear English?

Are we still arguing about this.

Air Traffic Control is about“maintaining a safe and expeditious flow of air traffic”,so of course English language is used in civ.domain.

All mil. pilots are also required to know English lang. regardless if they are in the NATO or not.

German Jtac using Eng language where only German troops are present makes no sense.Are you telling me that they have lost their identity as a nation?

Here..

...Swedes in dogfight practice..atc chimes in also.

Where do you hear English?

Do you know with who he speaks? I assume with his flight, so native is probably mostly used there.

For example, Switzerland. ATC, english. Communication between other nations (which languages we do speak) english. Communication with wingman, native BUT with english terms.