Boom operator view

DmitriKozlowsky

• 2 years later...

Completely agree but the KC-130 doesn't have a boom operator as it doesn't have a boom, I believe that it would be the engineer or copilot's job to release and retrieve the basket
It would be amazing to see an update to DCS tanking with more advanced comms and maybe even a functional boom operator that you could control yourself

Edited by TREEamble

5 hours ago, TREEamble said:

Completely agree but the KC-130 doesn't have a boom operator as it doesn't have a boom, I believe that it would be the engineer or copilot's job to release and retrieve the basket
It would be amazing to see an update to DCS tanking with more advanced comms and maybe even a functional boom operator that you could control yourself

yeah. Having someone actually talk you on until you make contact is so helpful it can't even be described. It's ow I managed to make my first tanker link-up.

23 hours ago, Tank50us said:

yeah. Having someone actually talk you on until you make contact is so helpful it can't even be described. It's ow I managed to make my first tanker link-up.

We dont talk anyone on into contact. The receiver flies the light signals and maintains position after contact. Unless it's com out refueling, we'll give verbal corrections after contact. 

Edited by ST0RM