f-14 Jester Audio Issues

Sneak_King18

Hey guys!

I have been having an issue. not really a problem for me per se, but let me explain. I have noticed that for some reason i have audio bleeding issues when flying the f-14. Whenever Jester speaks, everybody else i am flying with in discord can hear him pretty clearly. I have a microphone (boom Mic Pro) on my headphones, and with the microphone muted, my friends still get a perfect audio feed of what audio is being processed my PC. mostly Jester audio. I suspect that it might be something with my Soundcard (EVGA Nu Audio), but has anybody else experienced this at all? I hate having to saturate my friends with audio that they really shouldnt be hearing. My headphones dont bleed audio in any other circumstances and they have the same audio feed, regardless if my audio is turned down, mic is muted, mic is hot, etc.

That's a weird one. Is it JUST Jester? Like none of the other DCS sounds get through even with voice activation turned off and PTT pushed in Discord so you have a wide open mic? Either all your sound is bleeding over to the Mic input and Discord only "transmits" with jester's voice because, voice activated. Or something super weird is happening.

Given your mic is a TRRS 4 conductor 1/8 inch plug, my first hardware suspicion would be the cable/adapter. The Magic Angry Pixies may be sneaking their way across a worn insulator or something in the cable/adapter/jack.

i dont use PTT in discord, but my headphones have a switch that can mute all mic audio. people cant hear me, but can still hear the audio being produced by PC. its been happening before the voice stuff was released from DCS. im thinking that it has something to do with my audio card, but im not sure. I usually keep the sample rate for audio at 24 bit, 44100, but also use the higher audio setting of 32 bit 192000. the sound card, headphones and mic are all fairly new, and nothing is really worn out. feel like there are alot of variables that contribute to this.

Draconus, I do keep ICS in hot mic. i will drop it down to cold mic and see if that makes a difference. if discord is muted, and Using SRS, doesnt bleed over. but my buddies get the same jester audio, regardless of if my headphone microphone is muted or not, so its not bleeding from headphones. i will give the cold mic a shot though. thanks guys!

Also see what happens if you don't have your headset plugged in at all. (but plug some kind of speaker in, because after I killed a channel on an old Sound Blaster 16, I don't trust that sound cards ever figured out how to shut off their output when nothing is plugged in.)

If with no mic plugged in at all, then you know it's sound card hardware or something messed up in software. I've killed enough cellphone headsets due to tiny un-noticable shorts caused by accidental pulls and snags to know it doesn't have to look broke to be broke. You may be Grounding the actual Microphone with the switch, but your audio signal may still be sneaking its way across a wire in your headphone cable "down stream" of the mic switch. Also are you plugged straight in with the TRRS jack, or do you have a Speaker and Mic splitter going from the Headphone jack to the Sound card?