Conflicting throttle and pedals after cockpit update

Hi all. Looking for some help, since the new cockpit update i cannot get my rudder pedals to work correctly, every time i start up in the a-10c the pedals throttle up the engines, i have checked the control options and in the axis assign only the rudders are selected also i use the red button on the left throttle stick for view centre but that does nothing, i can see the button moving on screen and in the options i can press the button and view centre is highlighted on the throttle. Any help would be great probably a simple fix but i cant see it for looking. Thanks andy

Hi Andy, check for double binds as I had that when I converted from X52 to TM Warthog and MFG Crosswind pedals...several of my binds where mingled together and I had to delete the assignments I didn't want. You may also want to disable keyboard commands you don't plan to use.

Good luck mate!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the double binds you need to remove will be in the axis commands, where it sounds like one of your throttle axis commands has the pedals assigned as well as your throttle lever and possibly one of your joystick axes as well.

each of your command axes should normally only have one controller axis assigned to it, so clear any that you don't need.

No such problems here. It seems that you have just started with DCS and you only have the A-10C module. If that's true, here is what I would do in your place:

The symptoms look like conflicting bindings. I assume something has gone haywire with default bindings. Unfortunately default bindings are defined in several places and I have always wondered why they don't cause more problems.

I would delete the "Saved Games" folder under "C:\user\YourName\.

When you next start DCS, it will create a new "Saved Games" structure.

If you use the TM Warthog HOTAS most of your bindings will be created by defaults. Else you should document your bindings so you can re-create them more easily.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark; but as we cannot look at your computer that's all we can do.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Have you tried repairing the DCS installation - use Skatezilla's great tool to do this the easy way (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you want to try another "shot in the dark": The file "default.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick" provides commands for controllers other than the TM WH HOTAS. It includes default bindings for some of the axes, especially "Throttle Both". These produce duplicate axis bindings which are normally removed by the user during initial set-up. Normally these duplicate bindings are visible so you can remove them. I'm wondering if for some reason these default bindings are not displayed.

If you want to try:

1. make a copy of the file "default.lua" in a safe folder.

2. copy the attached version of "default.lua" into the folder "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick"

3. try

Note: The modified file has all default axis bindings removed so you probably have to rebind all axes.

If this mod does not help you can still leave the modified file in place. The original file will be restored in the next update. Or you can move the original file back in, if you prefer.

default.lua

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5