A few more axis options would be really appreciated

Any plans to add a few more axis like an axis for trim vertical and an axis for trim horizontal. I see some would like one for speed brake as well. I see there is one for rudder trim so why not for the other trim functions? A trim rest would be helpful as well for virtual flight.

Thank you.

The rudder trim knob is a potentiometer in the real aircraft and that's why it's simulated by an axis in DCS. The other trim commands and speed brake are controlled by switches in the real thing, so it's only natural that they be controlled by switches in the sim. I wish DCS were as consistent with reality in all modules!

I would be very surprised if ED added axes for these functions.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I understand that reality is a good goal but just because the axis options are there does not mean that a simmer is forced to use it. Its more about getting a decent setup on a hotas. The same hotas thats on my desk and not in an actual cockpit. The thought is not to take away anybodies immersion but to create more ease and access to a wider range of users and hotas setups. In my case I have a couple of axis on my setup that i cant map to anything useful and the trim hat is really weak on mine.

I would be against unrealistic implementations like this because it would give the player finer control over the trim than the real jet pilot would have. We should have an accurate simulation, Including shortcomings and quirks of the real plane.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I would be against unrealistic implementations like this because it would give the player finer control over the trim than the real jet pilot would have. We should have an accurate simulation, Including shortcomings and quirks of the real plane.

No offense intended here but this is almost a laughable idea. A advantage? Its hard for me to wrap my head around this because everybody has different hardware, sticks/hotas, chairs, monitors, resolutions, FPS, VR or not, etc.. I dont think a axis option for trim will create a rift in the time space continuum or our sim flying from our desktops. lol

I would like a axis for trim so i can have a proper setup with my Hotas. My current trim hat does not do a very job with trim. It does have a axis option that I would like to use.

If DCS were so kind to add it, those who dont need or like trim as a axis can pass it by and no one would be the wiser.

Edited by Shepherd

I think that's taking it a bit far. However, we still have bugs and missing functionality and those should have the higher priority. A pitch trim axis would be nice if I had a spare axis on my HOTAS, but really just a "nice to have".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5