Nasty shimmering/ground swimming grapphics problem

As the title says really - obviously I can't post a screenie as it only happens whilst in motion. I get it around coastlines, the edges of lakes and on ground textures. The A10 'quick flight' mission is a classic example - all of the ground textures are shimmering like crazy!

I've tried so many graphic card settings and Lock On seettings it's untrue! Also I tried the shadows mod from Teka, but I think it's driver related more than anything. Is there anything else worth trying before I start changing drivers?? (spec below). If not, how do I change drivers without porking my set up?!

Thanks in adavnce... :thumbup:

Spec:

Asus Striker Extreme

2GB RAM

Intel Q6600

Nvidia 8800GT v169.02 drivers

Vista 64

Updated to FC v1.12a (1.12b hangs at the StarFarce check! ;)

actually changing (trying different version) or just reinstalling graphics drivers is one of the easiest things to do and probably one of the first things you should try. Other than that a fresh install of lockon would be good second option.

No longer active in DCS...

Maybe some of these suggestions would help :) for the flickering coastlines/lakes/rivers you could try this mod http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=23981 and as for terrain textures and "swimming" you could try playing with your "anisotropic filtering" settings within your Forceware contol panel (as i'm an ATi user i'm not sure where to look for that, maybe some of the more experienced nV users here could help more)

How about in the graphics setting (NV Control Panel or RivaTuner), "clamp" the Negative LOD BIAS. Allowing negative LOD BIAS can cause shimmering in some situations.

http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=d_optimizations

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5