Viper's LOMAC Restoration Program

v1per

This is still just an idea I was thinking about that would take me a while to do since I skin on my free time. However, I will deliver. I just want to collect a list of aircraft paint skins in Lock On that have a low resolution or bad looking paint scheme on them. I want to repair the skin and turn them into more appropriate somewhat high quality textures. I would appreciate it if even some of the the lock on skinners like my friend EricJ and Colt40Five pitched in and helped out on this same project. I am not looking towards making the best of the best eye popping quality skins, but rather something that you want to take a screenshot of.:)

restorationgw5.jpg

nice project you are taking on

My vote goes towards the C-130 since that's a fairly common aircraft in Lock On and the only high-res skins for that is either the blue angels scheme or the ADA mod. I would like to see this type of skin, the common grey color with the black tipped nose, along with the american flag.

I think it looks pretty good.

050912-F-4444M-002.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well there's an F/A-18F model that would look good in VFA-2 colors. Overall.... I'm gonna have to say no for now. I'm pretty much tied down with what ED has us doing via SIM-MOD for BS, so I'm pretty much busy right now.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

nice project you are taking on

Thanks.

I'm gonna have to say no for now. I'm pretty much tied down with what ED has us doing via SIM-MOD for BS' date=' so I'm pretty much busy right now.[/quote']

Thats fine. Just message me over MSN if your still interested ;) And heh, yea, ya like that VFA-2 skin? Its for the new F/A-18F Solo Demo. Once I get a template for the F/A-18F model, I will have to paint it as well for them.:music_whistling:

Heh, as soon as somebody works on it and gets in LOMAC it can happen :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I support SKF to have a hires skin for the C-130! Including the grey color...btw the picture is great and a pleasure to look at. That plane made history during the years, same like the F-4 Phantom II.

Maybe Valery aka Pall Mall comes to the rescue and would be interested to make it as his next job?? He's one of the best skinners!!

E-3B Sentry --Don't leave without 'em--

Very good thread, if we would like to make hi-res skins for all units LOFC could be more beautiful than now, all skins in one pack :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ