TGP laser latched option

berk.kp

• 3 weeks later...
There will be a setting you can change in the DED how many seconds before impact the Laser starts firing automaticly (e.g. 7 Seconds before impact). Then you only have to keep your target locked in the TGP until it makes Booom!

Please,

how to reach this seting?

Please,

how to reach this seting?

Not yet implemented, like so many things.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I find it quite inconvenient having to squeeze the laser fire button/trigger all the way until bomb impact. Will there be a key assignment in future to have the laser latched/firing continuously?

Right now the whole TPOD isn't close to accurate. Please do not learn any of the stuff "too well" that you currently have to do.

There will later be ways to have your weapon computer fire the laser automatically once a certain TTI has been reached.

The settings for that will be in the same page as laser codes are currently set.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to learn how to use the GBU-12 with targeting pod.

So I have to half-press the trigger on the flight stick, not just turn the "Laser Arm" switch to ON, to lase a target after dropping a bomb? My understanding was that the trigger half-press was only for laser rangefinding...

The Laser Arm switch only permits or inhibits the firing of the laser, so you need it armed to fire it for any reason. The primary laser mode is used for weapon guidance and rangefinding. First-stage trigger is to fire the laser, regardless of what mode it's in. The F-16 can also access the IR pointer mode. I know the A-10 can utilize both modes simultaneously (IR and designator), but I'm not sure if the Viper will get that same functionality as well.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/