[REPORTED]Blurry and thick Font with Exported MFDs

sp3nc3r

D:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

change the follwing values:

stroke_thickness = 0.4 -- in place of the original 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2 -- in place of the original 0,5

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3 -- unchanged

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 1.13 -- unchanged

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.4 -- in place of the original 0.65

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.2 -- in place of the original 0.42

d:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua:

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

-- MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

-- MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

-- "font_MPD_DMC_outline",

-- "font_MPD_DMC_main",

}

Be aware that in my experience, those changes will also affect the HUD and MFD's in cockpit, so you might have to play with them a bit to find a balance that works for you. (And as always, back up the file before you mess with it) The original post is a great starting point. Adjusting DMC outline thickness to 1 and taking fuzziness down to 0.0 helped a lot with reading text over the map in the DMC for me on both monitors. As always YMMV.

I'm curious as to why this issue only seems to occur in the FA-18, I have no issue in other planes, such as the A-10C. But it is what it is.

I put it in with my OvGME files, to make it easier to keep after updates. Frankly, anything I have to (or want to) mod goes through OvGME, saves a lot of post-update time and annoyance.

My update sequence is pretty quick and simple, OvGME> uninstall mods, update, OvGME> install mods, fly.

Since I'm on the subject, I'll add: I also keep each mod in it's own sub folder, and have the repository folder separate from the sim so the updater will leave it alone. So if something changes that breaks a mod, I can just skip the install of it until I find the new fix. A sort of "don't put your eggs in one basket" policy. Clicking 3 or 4 items in OvGME is not difficult, and saves having to go in and hunt for something that gets broken in a stack of mods just to be able to fly again. This also allows me to use some mods offline that would cause trouble in a MP server, should I ever have one that does that. I can quickly uninstall for MP play, and put it back afterwards. I highly recommend this program, it makes life in DCS a lot easier. Link: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME

• 3 months later...

Just for clarity you only need this mod if one or more of your monitors is more than 1080, if you have all 1920x1080 or smaller then it is not blurry. Simply put all your monitors in windows horizontally and it will work fine, of course in reality it does not matter where you physically put them.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

HI,

Yes, I am aware of why it exists and use the 'User File' one for my triple screen but that makes the HMD invisible.

Would like a solution to fix the issue and have HMD. So the question still remains, can I have both as I can't with the one I'm currently using. It is only the F-18 that has this issue.

I know annoying, I end up playing all other modules in 4K and the hornet in 1080, so i don't loose clarity, this issue has been going on from day 1 and there simply is no fix that suits i.e. perfect clarity on exports and HUD and nothing from ED on a fix. On another post they have agreed there is an issue but that was late last year and still nothing.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

• 2 months later...
I know annoying, I end up playing all other modules in 4K and the hornet in 1080, so i don't loose clarity, this issue has been going on from day 1 and there simply is no fix that suits i.e. perfect clarity on exports and HUD and nothing from ED on a fix. On another post they have agreed there is an issue but that was late last year and still nothing.

It has been fixed at long last!

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

What is the fix mine is still not working
Hornet MFDs have been made readable without the need to tweak anything or upscale the mfd reso. Make sure you revert your mods and clean the shaders.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 weeks later...
Hornet MFDs have been made readable without the need to tweak anything or upscale the mfd reso. Make sure you revert your mods and clean the shaders.

How can i do this? My problem now is the opposite, after the fix my Hud fonts are thick and mfd exported too thin, i've seen the mdg_strokes.lua and it is fixed and changed by ED but not changeable anymore, there is something i could do to revert the process?

Edited by Sirpsicho

How can i do this? My problem now is the opposite, after the fix my Hud fonts are thick and mfd exported too thin, i've seen the mdg_strokes.lua and it is fixed and changed by ED but not changeable anymore, there is something i could do to revert the process?

delete your fxo and metashaders2 folders

• 2 weeks later...

Reported many many times before, now still status of [REPORTED] still waiting to be solved, but more important things has higher priorities.

All text font and readability is about different screen vertical resolution used for MFD exports and primary DCS screen. Mine main screen has 1200 vertical and secondary MFD screen has 1080 - results in non-readable exports. When editing text lua scripts, than its affecting text on main screen. This is very annoying and should be resolved with high priority. When I downsized main screen vertical to 1080 to match secondary screen used for MFD export, than everything is OK, except low vertical resolution on main screen.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226340&highlight=fuzzy

Hi my main monitor is 4K =3840x2160 and my 2mfd screens = 1024X600 I using following lua script to getting A10 c MFD perfectly, windows monitor setup is from left main =1 mfd=2,3 but with F18 fuzzy with duplicate screen is coming ,AV8B partially working only FLIR working great rest working fuzzy and duplicate screen , Kindly help me to solve this please.Thanks

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('HSBMFD1');
Description = '2 Screens and L MultiMFD'
Viewports =
{
  Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 3840;
         height = 2160;
         viewDx = 0;