What helicopter would you like to see?

Avimimus

What helicopter would you like to see?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What helicopter would you like to see?

• Mi-8
    • Mi-24
    • Mi-28
    • OH-58D
    • MD-500
    • UH-1
    • AH-1
    • Tiger
    • BO-105
    • A129

Being one of the esteemed aviators of this fine machine I am of course partial to the Kiowa Warrior. But, the argument of it working well with the Apache doesn't really work these days. I have designated more for the F-16 than the Apache. There are some units in theater implementing the "pink" teams of old, and are having successes, but for the most part these two machines (OH-58D and AH-64D or A) work autonomously.

Thanks for info :thumbup:

But, it logical of is asked that for preserved the parity in the simulator Russian vs USA ....

[Edit] See my post http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showpost.php?p=2615&postcount=14

Other leaves, I'am a ex fan of Jane's Longbow 2, the Kiowa "Warrior" is flyable :smilewink:

PS: In FM 1-112 Attack Helicopter Operation (04/1997) it made there mention of this complementarity...

Sorry for my poor english (I speak french ==> translate via Babelfish) :hehe:

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

It is interesting to note that the votes for the Mi-24 have gradually dropped from around 65% to 50%. This is likely due to strategic voting (now that the Hind is secure new voters are boosting their second choice). It is probably one of the reasons the Mi-28 has taken a considerable lead over the other attack helicopters and the OH-58.

Fitz, I am sure we would all be very interested on what you would define as a good Kiowa sim...

Honestly, I don't see why the Mi-28 is up there. I mean, there was a thread a while back specifically asking for it, and I believe the answer was the at is was too classified, like the Longbow.

Anyway, I voted AH-1 because the Super Cobra is the sexiest helo ever, go Marines, God Bless America. However, that's just me choosing the chopper I'd like most to see respectfully put into the king of helo sims. When it comes down to a helo I think deserves most to be modelled in the game, it's Mi-24. Let's start it off right now, I don't like the beast all that much. However, I think it would be amazing, sitting in that bubble, TrackIR-ing the world around me, looking above at the bubbleboy flying the copter, with such a unique piece of hardware as the Mi-24. I don't think it's the most capable, but it's definately a chunk of junk worthy of being simulated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

I don't want to confuse anyone. The Kiowas Warrior and the Apache can and occasionally do work together. I am just saying that currently we aren't doing much of that. If we were involved in a conflict against an actual military, rather than insurgents that blend in with the populous, we would be able to use more of our established doctrine and do things a little differently.

As far as a good Kiowa Warrior simulator, I haven't seen one. I didn't play either of the Jane's Longbow games, so I can't comment on those. Someone made a nice model of one for FS2004, but it had default Bell 206 avionics. The avionics and mission equipment package were not modelled, and that is what sets the Kiowa Warrior apart. I think it would be great to have a KW modelled well in a sim. You can't beat zipping along at 90 knots 20 feet above the ground with no doors.:smilewink:

CockpitUnclass.jpg

Cropped.jpg

I feel ya Bro, but its never gonna happen, not for helos or other a/c because the two biggest perceived audiences are Russian and American, therefore the modelled/flyable a/c will be Rus or US - its a crying shame but...that's my view :( I don't see either of those audiences paying for a Euro-a/c sim.

I would love to see a Harrier Gr.5-9, Tornado IDS/Gr.4, Phantom (ok, F4 is US but...), Jaguar, and Mirage (pick a model, they're all useful). However, because I want the best of both worlds, A2A & A2G, I chose the F-18 in a recent "what a/c do you want in future etc".

Edit: I'm British btw (but currently fly the Su-25/T only with my squadron).

Europen Stuff for a change

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I don't think that's all that much of an issue. There is a huge interest in European aircraft, and I think that if it is an interesting and well-modelled aircraft, a true combat flightsimmer will pick it up anyway. I mean, sure the Mirage 2000 isn't topping my list of favorite aircraft, but I still want to fly it. The Harrier is the very image of unique, I think it would get snatched up like hotcakes, Falkland Islands recreation, ho! European aircraft have been set to the back in simdom, and that means that there is a fanbase of people, European or otherwise, who have yet to be touched with a sim that gives them something that they want. The basic choice here is, do you want to sell to your fanbase, or sell to AND expand it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Couldn't agree more, I am sure there is a large fan-base for euro a/c...but even though such a fanbase exists, it still hasn't been sold to...so is it "untapped" or "not worth it"?

History so far tells us its the latter, sadly.

I would pay dearly for Harrier, Jaguar and Tornado (IDS, not F.), because I am partisan (aren't we all?), to the tune of £100 per a/c for the quality of Su25T/anticipated BS but...I can't see it happening since it hasn't happened in the last 12-15 years of "simming".

Once again though, I agree with your thoughts entirely.

I don't think that's all that much of an issue. There is a huge interest in European aircraft, and I think that if it is an interesting and well-modelled aircraft, a true combat flightsimmer will pick it up anyway. I mean, sure the Mirage 2000 isn't topping my list of favorite aircraft, but I still want to fly it. The Harrier is the very image of unique, I think it would get snatched up like hotcakes, Falkland Islands recreation, ho! European aircraft have been set to the back in simdom, and that means that there is a fanbase of people, European or otherwise, who have yet to be touched with a sim that gives them something that they want. The basic choice here is, do you want to sell to your fanbase, or sell to AND expand it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers