[NO BUG]INS alignment issue.

mehksauce

I've noticed others are having this issue aswell, so the problem is that when your in the middle of ins alignment, and you happend to rearm beforehand, when the bombs/missiles are starting to attached to your pylons, your planes jitter a bit.. then your alignment somehow breaks in the process..

others said they fixed it by switching to stores alignment, and others said reslotting was their only fixable workaround.

That's very interesting. I perform the SEC check while the INS is performing a stationary alignment and it doesn't break even when the engine thrust compresses the landing gear suspension. I found that surprising and expected it to be enough motion to break the alignment.

In the M2000C rearming will break the completed alignment, so it might be related to the rearm process itself more than actual aircraft motion.

Have you guys tried turning the INS knob to OFF, then back to ALIGN if this happens? Can't see why you would need to get a new jet.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. You shouldn’t move the aircraft while aligning.

1whanr.jpg

Plan your startup and rearming accordingly.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The alignment stops if the plane moves. The plane moves (jitters) if weapons get attached. It depends though on the type of weapons, as heavy bombs will cause enough movement to stop the alignment, while lighter A/A-missiles often not cause enough movement to stop it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg