Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fairly serious looking tripod in the background. What do you mount on that thing... a quad .50 anti-air? :gun_smilie::gun_smilie:

I'm looking forward to the upcoming pics on the controller. Try not to snort too much of that dust! :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Im planning on getting a bike so I can come over to you and inspect that garage of yours - clearly it's big enough to hide a real Ka-50.

Keep up the good work bud :)

(Altogh shame on you who doesnt know how to handle the camera - it's clearly a requirement in any relationshsip where you want to have photos from memorable moments in the garage, kitchen, the kitchen-floor or the hood of your car).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Im planning on getting a bike so I can come over to you and inspect that garage of yours - clearly it's big enough to hide a real Ka-50.

Keep up the good work bud :)

(Altogh shame on you who doesnt know how to handle the camera - it's clearly a requirement in any relationshsip where you want to have photos from memorable moments in the garage, kitchen, the kitchen-floor or the hood of your car).

COOL..! When will you be here mate..!?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger great work on the pit did you ever get my pms with the source for Russian push button and switches?

I did.. Thought I had answered it to, but it seems that was just in my head..

I just answered now mate..! Sorry..:doh:

dude!!! I hate sanding

I will help you with that!!!

.. Dude..! Be carefull.. I might hold you to that promise..:megalol:

:megalol: Never liked sanding either.

Alex..? Did you get my email? I have got two of the Stepper controllers we talked about earlier and wonder if you could tell me how to connect them?

180216335_o.jpg&h=80&w=104&usg=__UkVv-OcFi9hkntco8dNFxjiEetw=

The paper: http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Part_Numbers/97060/97060.pdf

That's a fairly serious looking tripod in the background. What do you mount on that thing... a quad .50 anti-air? :gun_smilie::gun_smilie:

I'm looking forward to the upcoming pics on the controller. Try not to snort too much of that dust! :P

The tripod is for shooting pictures. It's pneumatic and has a remote controlled 3-Axis camera mount on top with downfeed of the picture to a screen on the ground. It's not mine, It belongs to that crazy neighbor of mine..!

_________:noexpression:_________..Sniff..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger, I sent you a message through MSN just a couple of hours ago. If you see my reply here, please log on. I've got some good news for you - I've learned how to build my own USB I/O board and I've got one working like magic right in front of me!!!

*edit: btw, when did you send the email? I've checked my box and nothing came up. weak!

Edited by Alex_rcpilot

Hmmm... Did a quick google on "Overcoming Directx 32 button limit"

One link was:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/3390/mnoise.html

( scroll down to the "Calibration, Testing, and Multiple Joysticks" section. There is mention of a way to get beyond 32 buttons, but it may only be applicable to some application that the guy wrote. (I haven't read the whole thing yet).

------------------

I suspect the most likely solution is to make it into more than one USB device. Make it into 2 USB devices and give it two USB cords. Or, to be more elegant, albeit more expensive, make it a USB Hub with how ever many USB devices connecting internally to it that you want/need.

If you are going to make a new USB interface for connecting controllers, consider giving it some input ports for the old analog joystick controllers and the old 5 pin din connector (or even the PS2 style) keyboard(s). As in, being able to take a Suncom HOTAS and interface it to a new USB based computer without having to rip the Suncom apart and adapt one of Leo Bodnar's boards to it.

Computer USB port <==== USB Cable ==== < Alex's miracle box <==== Various old analog controllers / keyboard / keyboard substitutes as well as USB devices and PIT devices.

Alex's MB USB output ===>

^

Internal USB Hub

^

Multiple USB controllers / Pit devices / Analog device converters

Hey, I know it's a lot to ask, and not trivial... but a guy can dream! :joystick:

Edited by CyBerkut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

The other old style analog device that comes to mind is the MasterPilot MFD controllers.

Thats not what he is working on. I can't give you any more details as he has not given me pemision to say what he is doing.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

If you are going to make a new USB interface for connecting controllers, consider giving it some input ports for the old analog joystick controllers and the old 5 pin din connector (or even the PS2 style) keyboard(s). As in, being able to take a Suncom HOTAS and interface it to a new USB based computer without having to rip the Suncom apart and adapt one of Leo Bodnar's boards to it.

Computer USB port <==== USB Cable ==== < Alex's miracle box <==== Various old analog controllers / keyboard / keyboard substitutes as well as USB devices and PIT devices.

^

Internal USB Hub

^

Hey, I know it's a lot to ask, and not trivial... but a guy can dream! :joystick:

Thats not raely what he is working on. I can't give you any more details as he has not given me pemision to say what he is doing. :harhar:

I like the idea but you will probly run into problems with the multy USB controlers thrue 1 USB connection. Just ask HitchHikingFlatlander. Sory hitch to bash you setup a little.

Edited by CAT_101st

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Hmmm... Did a quick google on "Overcoming Directx 32 button limit"

One link was:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/3390/mnoise.html

( scroll down to the "Calibration, Testing, and Multiple Joysticks" section. There is mention of a way to get beyond 32 buttons, but it may only be applicable to some application that the guy wrote. (I haven't read the whole thing yet).

------------------

I suspect the most likely solution is to make it into more than one USB device. Make it into 2 USB devices and give it two USB cords. Or, to be more elegant, albeit more expensive, make it a USB Hub with how ever many USB devices connecting internally to it that you want/need.

^

Internal USB Hub

^

Thanks for the information, dude. And I have to thank Trigger for his help - it was not until he relayed me the page you provided that I could learn about the suggestion.

"If your joystick has more than 32 buttons (!), you can use the dwButtonNumber to see if a particular button is pressed."

This sounds like the "Array" attribute of an INPUT item from the Report Descriptor of an HID device.

Basically the INPUT item can declare a data report with one out of two attributes - Array / Variable.

Take one byte as an example. When you have 8 buttons #1~8, you can use one bit to represent on=1/off=0 for each button. Which allows multiple keystrokes. And that makes a "variable", or bitmap which I prefer.

Or you may have 255 buttons, with 0 representing no button pressed, and 1~255 representing ONLY ONE of the 255 buttons. It's called an "Array", and I'd prefer the word "index".

It's strange to have this limitation in DirectX, coz the USB HID specification does allow 255 buttons, even as "Variables". I may probably try more buttons in Linux some day to find out the difference.

I think I'm gonna have to import a keyboard emulator like many other devices did. This 32 button limitation really sucks.

The interface adaptor function you mentioned could certainly be real handy for users with old devices. I will consider that, but I can't guarantee anything because each interface has a dedicated protocol behind it. It takes energy and time to go through. I'll try, anyway.

Thats not raely what he is working on. I can't give you any more details as he has not given me pemision to say what he is doing. :harhar:

I like the idea but you will probly run into problems with the multy USB controlers thrue 1 USB connection. Just ask HitchHikingFlatlander. Sory hitch to bash you setup a little.

Cat, the multi-USB device will work, and I did think about it.

And there are two ways of accomplishing that:

A - a compound device composed of an internal hub and multiple devices like CyBerkut said.

B - a composite device which is a single device but with multiple "interfaces" each acting as an individual device.

Composite devices are actually more commonly used because they require less hardware resources. A couple of more endpoints inside configurable to multiple interfaces are all it needs.

They reason I don't like this either is that you will have to go through a list of devices with similar names and even identical keycodes to setup a setting profile. It's prety much like working with an n*32 matrix, a confusing job, though applicable.

Well the USB hub works to a point. Its really down to the particular hub and how you plug all the devices in. For the most part I have no issues with the set up but every once in a while I'll get a crash reboot or something wont work. Usually its due to me plugging something into a different port than it was last connected to. Although the rare crash reboot I cant figure out. I have two USB hubs that go to two usb extension cables that then go to my PC.

CnC building update

Got the last cables connected to the stepper motors now.. All that's missing is to connect them to the controller card and I'll be done..!

ffbpedals017.jpg

ffbpedals016.jpg

ffbpedals013.jpg

I made these fixing plates from a sheet of aluminum. So I had the oppurtunity to remove the stepper motors if needed.

ffbpedals015.jpg

ffbpedals021.jpg

Blaargh..! Cables..! But these are the last ones.! 18 cables to connect, and it should say Whiiir..!

ffbpedals024.jpg

Here you can see the DC connectors with integratet fuses in them.. neat..

ffbpedals025.jpg

The Printer port Connection where the cable to the Pc is plugged in. This is just for now, untill I get around to untergrating the Biscuit Pc inside the cabinet, and the touch screen on the top.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pitbuilding Update - 4th July 2009 - My FFB Stick setup

It actually works like a charm now..!

ffbcuclicstick1.jpg

Everything is mounted on a 22mm MDF plate fixed inside the Front Pedestal.

ffbcuclicstick4.jpg

ffbcuclicstick5.jpg

The top side holds the control PCB for the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 FFB USB stick on the right hand side. On the Left hand side you see the cable from all the switches on the Cyclic Stick and the plug that connects it to one of Leo Bodnars BU0836A cards.

ffbcuclicstick8.jpg

I placed the 220V AC powersupply underneath the plate. Because sometimes I have curious fingers if you know what I mean.. LoL :cry:

ffbcuclicstick7.jpg

The counterweight hangs from a 10mm carbon fibre tube that is glued inside the hole under the joystick gimbal with epoxy. It's made from lead and I have no idea how much it weighs? Kicking myself for forgetting to to that before I glued it in place..!:doh:

To make the gimbal more precise I cut out two spacers from 1mm plastic like this:

ffbcuclicstick9.jpg

The hole approx 10mm. It really doesn't matter much as long as it's not to small..

ffbcuclicstick10.jpg

this is where I needed the spacer. You see it as a white ring with green edges. make one for X and one for Y axis. I needed to shimmy up both of them.

ffbcuclicstick11.jpg

Here you can clearly see that there is a 1mm gap between the gimbal ain the Y axis..!

And belive me when I say that it made a HUGE difference..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh my ... ô.Ô

Looks nice - no wonder you stayed up all night ;)

Makes me wonder if you plan on releasing the CnC mill as a comercial product!? :D

Im not entirly sure what your plans with putting a mini-pc inside that box - are you planning to have it controlled from that PC as well? And print plans from it? again ... wow :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning