Latest update 2.5.6

simapajik

• ED Team

Hi

If the crash advice did not work in the link provided check your antivirus is not blocking dcs.

Best advice is to rename your dcs folder in your saved games location and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

check your antivirus is not blocking dcs

ensure windows and all drivers are up to date also

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

2020-02-22 10:53:43.902 ERROR Config: [string "Config/graphics.lua"]:1: unexpected symbol near 'ï'

2020-02-22 10:53:43.903 ERROR Lua::Config: load error Config/main.cfg:[string "Config/main.cfg"]:110: attempt to index local 'Camera' (a nil value).

your log shows these errors. Usually due to a mod or manual edit

Usually renaming your dcs folder in saved games location ( keep it as a backup )

and running a full cleanup and then a repair will resolve this issue.

strange that it is not for you.

If the above advice has not worked I would go for a clean install of dcs world and a rename of your dcs folder in saved games so you can start fresh.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

simapajik - Here is what was asked;

Usually renaming your dcs folder in saved games location ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS <-- that entire one, just rename it

Might be called DCS.openbeta

rename it to DCS.openbeta.old

Your "profile" will be created as fresh and remove the error that was created by "something else"

Confirm that when launching DCS it creates a new folder again and begins populating it. You can revert to you previous one by the same renaming process back to what you started with so nothing is lost. (keyboard, peripheral assignments disappear with this)

However it still looks like the problem is contained in your Main DCS folder at line 110 of Config\main.cfg and for some reason DCS is not repairing it. Camera is declared a few lines before, you can check my file attached. I'm wondering why a repair isnt fixing it, if its not the file, its something quite deeprooted.

main.cfg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

First of all, thank you for your answers.

Third, I reinstalled DCS. Default only. No module. Clean installation. I start DCS. DCS works. He set up the graphical interface. I backed up the graphics.lua folder in the root directory of DCS WORLD OpenBeta / Config

Here I changed FPS from 180 to 30 frames. For smooth simulation. I run DCS again and crash when loading the simulator.

Why??????

I have backed up the graphics.lua folder that I did not edit back to the DCS WORLD OpenBeta / Config root directory. The simulator works.

Why the simulator crashes when editing the graphics.lua folder

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]