Helicopters Tournament 9

Alpenwolf

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to drop from the tournament. We had a family issue arise and I am almost certain I will not be available.

Roger_Meatball, Blue, Gazelle L

If my slot is not filled by go time and I happen to be available, I will jump online.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I need to drop from the tournament. We had a family issue arise and I am almost certain I will not be available.

Roger_Meatball, Blue, Gazelle L

If my slot is not filled by go time and I happen to be available, I will jump online.

2 other Gazelle pilots are in the reserve list. If you don't show up one will take your place. If they show up themselves that is :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

2 other Gazelle pilots are in the reserve list. If you don't show up one will take your place. If they show up themselves that is :smilewink:
I am super bummed. I have never had a chance to do a big helo air to air battle. This was my time to shine! lol

I am super bummed. I have never had a chance to do a big helo air to air battle. This was my time to shine! lol

There will be many more sir fear not! We'll try and crack the whip and get good ole Alpenwolf to organise another event for April / May.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4244668']There will be many more sir fear not! We'll try and crack the whip and get good ole Alpenwolf to organise another event for April / May.

No problem. With everyone staying indoors these days, tournaments sound like a good idea for keeping up the spirits. April it is then!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Unfortunately a couple of us have had life get in the way and will be unable to attend the tournament today, including myself. If anyone wants to step up at the last minute and take my Huey spot you are very welcome to do so. On behalf of myself and Toro6 I apologize to the organizers and to our teammates. We were very much looking forward to this event...

[sIGPIC]CW3 Huckleberry, 229th AHB[/sIGPIC]

Red wins!!!

By the end of the event Red was holding the zones C, D and E, while Blue was holding A and B.

For most of the time it looked like Blue was surely going to win. Somehow Red had an effective comeback, took back D and E, then captured C only minutes before the event ended.

Thank you all for participating! Round 10 is in the making and will be announced in 1-2 weeks for April.

* Check out 104th_Maverick's youtube channel for the event's official stream.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thank You again Alpenwolf!

I was on a bit short notice (my own fault) as I came in as reserve. Had good time, even if I flew horribly (I think I lost all my three lives in mid-air collisions with the opposition.. sorry for the unintentional kamikaze tactics :/ ).

Looking forward to the next one!

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

hope everyone had a blast...apologize for not making it...I was really looking forward to this. My next door neighbor thought she had broken her ankle so I took her to the hospital...turned out she just tore some ligaments...that was good...missing the tournament...that was bad...hope to make the next one...congratulations to the red menace

Unfortunately a couple of us have had life get in the way and will be unable to attend the tournament today, including myself. If anyone wants to step up at the last minute and take my Huey spot you are very welcome to do so. On behalf of myself and Toro6 I apologize to the organizers and to our teammates. We were very much looking forward to this event...

Ive notified my squad, hopefully we can get some replacements lined up

hope everyone had a blast...apologize for not making it...I was really looking forward to this. My next door neighbor thought she had broken her ankle so I took her to the hospital...turned out she just tore some ligaments...that was good...missing the tournament...that was bad...hope to make the next one...congratulations to the red menace

All good, guys. Real life issues happen to all of us. Hope to see next time then.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

i think C was contested there at the end :)

as i somehow made it through to land troops (thanks to camino for saving my ass, )

i didn't even load guns to get there in time before the end.

i could just hear comie1 saying anyone with a load get to charlie :)

anyway, great mission and well done red.

ill be up for the next one.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

i think C was contested there at the end :)

It was really back and forth at LZ Charlie at the end. If the mission ended 10 minutes earlier or 10 minutes later, Blue would have won, I think.

Which participants streamed the match? 104th Maverick mentioned that some people did, but I didn't catch who exactly.

That was very fun but also I was frustrated at my performance. I've watched all the previously released streams for this event and always thought what could have been done better, yet I fell before Gazelles like a daisy in a hurricane.

I have to admit as well, as it's wearing on my conscience, that I may have accidentally cheated. I was flying a Ka-50 and some time during the match, my mind flipped from "3 lives attackers, 4 lives transport" to "4 lives attackers, 5 lives transport," and I think I respawned one additional time. I only realized it after I checked out for the evening and I feel really bad about it. I understand and accept any consequences for participating in future rounds.

That was very fun but also I was frustrated at my performance. I've watched all the previously released streams for this event and always thought what could have been done better, yet I fell before Gazelles like a daisy in a hurricane.

I have to admit as well, as it's wearing on my conscience, that I may have accidentally cheated. I was flying a Ka-50 and some time during the match, my mind flipped from "3 lives attackers, 4 lives transport" to "4 lives attackers, 5 lives transport," and I think I respawned one additional time. I only realized it after I checked out for the evening and I feel really bad about it. I understand and accept any consequences for participating in future rounds.

You're banned!!!

Just kidding :smilewink:

Mistakes happen, buddy. But now we know why Blue lost and Red won!

Ok, I'll stop teasing! Kidding again :megalol:

The helicopter battles we have here are so unrealistic and therefore funny as hell! Everyone's having fun and enjoying themselves. Not to fail to mention 104_Maverick's brilliant streams among others streaming these events from their cockpits.

Next time just have 3 cookies on your desk. Every time you lose a life, EAT one :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

if i put three cookies on my desk, then the dog will steal them the second i put on my VR headset :)

Labrador's....

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.