Set a Course on WP

Racoon76

Just add more route points?

AFAIK there is no way to navigate to a route way point on a course except the course created between points.

There is a bearing pointer on the HUD though, so you could fly that like you would a bearing pointer on a VOR.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I'm afraid its not a boeing or airbus jet so that U can draw navigation mark on the ND.

The best way is to pre set the course of the flight plan via ME or F10 mark.

Note that the NAV mode tadpole pointer on HUD is NOT a WPT indicator like the F16, its actually a course(track) indicator. It's showing the relationship of U and the course, and the tail is directing U to the correct inbound course.

So even if U are heading directly to the WPT, the tadpole may still point to somewhere else, because its indicating the course that U should follow.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I'm afraid its not a boeing or airbus jet so that U can draw navigation mark on the ND.

The best way is to pre set the course of the flight plan via ME or F10 mark.

Note that the NAV mode tadpole pointer on HUD is NOT a WPT indicator like the F16, its actually a course(track) indicator. It's showing the relationship of U and the course, and the tail is directing U to the correct inbound course.

So even if U are heading directly to the WPT, the tadpole may still point to somewhere else, because its indicating the course that U should follow.

I think he meant more the course selector knob as present in the Harrier, Hornet, A10, and Mirage, so that you could set a course on a WP independent of your flight plan and have it show on your HSI/HSD.

I think he meant more the course selector knob as present in the Harrier, Hornet, A10, and Mirage, so that you could set a course on a WP independent of your flight plan and have it show on your HSI/HSD.

Jeff can do this with TACAN, you can select the tacan channel and inbound course on MFD TCN page, the HSD will draw the inbound course and HUD will show the direction & deviation of the course.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I was referring to the ^ pointer under the compass (top of the HUD). It points at the current waypoint, so you can use that as a make-shift course pointer.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."