How do I Rearm/Refuel in fast mission?

Dave62ndFF

Since version 2.5.6 I have been unable to rearm/refuel the Hornet when creating a fast mission. I have tried both ramp and runway starts, the Caucasus, Nevada & Persian Gulf theatres.

Changing aircraft colour scheme & number works. Changing the loadout does not.

I have been concentrating on learning the Hornet of late and am unsure if this issue applies to other aircraft also.

System: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P, FX-8350, Radeon RX-580, 32 GB RAM.

Are you landing at a designated friendly airbase, not just a neutral one? Are your radios tuned to the correct frequency or have you tried opening the canopy?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Since version 2.5.6 I have been unable to rearm/refuel the Hornet when creating a fast mission. I have tried both ramp and runway starts, the Caucasus, Nevada & Persian Gulf theatres.

Changing aircraft colour scheme & number works. Changing the loadout does not.

I have been concentrating on learning the Hornet of late and am unsure if this issue applies to other aircraft also.

System: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P, FX-8350, Radeon RX-580, 32 GB RAM.

off topic but LOL "more bombs, more gas, and if not too much trouble, repaint my plane"

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Are you landing at a designated friendly airbase, not just a neutral one? Are your radios tuned to the correct frequency or have you tried opening the canopy?

I am trying to rearm/refuel at the airbases the mission generator assigns me to when the ramp or runway start options are selected. (No point in taking off if I can't set the desired loadout).

I just tried again with an attempt to manually tune the radios but did not get a successful result. I also have the easy communication option enabled which should make tuning the radios unnecessary if my understanding of the option is correct.

I also tried opening the canopy, no luck. As I recall the canopy also starts open with the ramp option (cold start). I just can't seem to get the "copy" acknowledgement from the ground crew and the requested loadout changes don't happen.

It seems to me that something has changed/broken between 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. I have 2.5.5 stable installed and have been using that as a workaround when I want to select my own loadout for a practice session.

Edited by Dave62ndFF

In my experience all base’s are Neutral, you need to go into mission editor and change it

If you assign a landing or take-off spot, that base automatically shifts to the corresponding coalition. With a ramp or runway start, that should already be the case.

That said, there's every possibility that the autogen doesn't actually fully follow the mission editor rules and just dunks waypoints in place through special means, thereby failing to trigger the bit that should auto-assign the base.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

In my experience all base’s are Neutral, you need to go into mission editor and change it

Red

Thanks for the suggestion EAF602, this seems to have been the problem. After creating a fast mission in 2.5.6 I had to go into the mission editor and change the warehouse from neutral to blue.

IMHO this should still count as a bug though. Why the added complication? The way things worked in 2.5.5 was more streamlined, just set your options & go.