How to switch between Stable and Beta?

I've been searching on the forums for 30 minutes now and I can't find the instruction on how to force DCS to update between stable and beta. I know there is a way to do it without reinstalling the entire game/path.

I'm having issues with 2.5.6 and need to go back to 2.5.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to have both 2.5.5 Release and 2.5.6 Open Beta, rather than switching between them by running the DCS Updater.exe

I have switched back and forth between 2.5.5 Release, 2.5.5 Open Beta & 2.5.6 Open Beta. Going back from 2.5.6 OB to 2.5.5 OB or Release causes an issue with the A-10C module License.

I currently running 2.5.5 Release, I have 2.5.6 Open Beta backed up on another drive.

What is the procedure to install and update 2.5.6 OB along side 2.5.5 Release without affecting the Release version. I want to create a desktop link to each DCS.exe and run the stable version or test the latest beta version.

I have searched the forum and only found how to switch installations but nothing on a dual installation.

Is it possible to have both 2.5.5 Release and 2.5.6 Open Beta, rather than switching between them by running the DCS Updater.exe

I have switched back and forth between 2.5.5 Release, 2.5.5 Open Beta & 2.5.6 Open Beta. Going back from 2.5.6 OB to 2.5.5 OB or Release causes an issue with the A-10C module License.

I currently running 2.5.5 Release, I have 2.5.6 Open Beta backed up on another drive.

What is the procedure to install and update 2.5.6 OB along side 2.5.5 Release without affecting the Release version. I want to create a desktop link to each DCS.exe and run the stable version or test the latest beta version.

I have searched the forum and only found how to switch installations but nothing on a dual installation.

Yes you can have both at the same time. No special procedure required.

Just take a copy of the install you have or you can copy it to a different drive if not enough room.

Then use it's bin folder DCS.exe to launch update etc.

You will then also be able to connect Skatezilla app to that build separately and have it set to whatever build you wish.

Edit:

You can do this as many times as you want to (Depending on drive space), the app can have many DCS build versions for testing.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

razo+r

what is the procedure, specifically to install 2.5.6 Open Beta with my current 2.5.5 release, can you point me to the specific instructions

I told you, no special procedure needed. Install it like you normally would.

razo+r,

I completely understand what you are saying, but I am concerned that 2.5.6 OB will install itself over the top of 2.5.5 Release, it's been a while since I did a fresh install, but I assume I can re-direct the install location.

Since I have 2.5.6 OB backed up on another drive, I would rather copy it back and manually complete the install to another directory on the same SSD.

amessh,

You can copy and paste one version of DCS as many times as you like.

I've even just had DCS on E:\DCS\

Then change that version to whatever you wish to use with it.

C:\DCS1

C:\DCS2

C:\DCS3

D:\DCS4

E:\DCS5

etc

or C:\Program Files\eagle dynamics\ DCS1

DCS2

D:\eagle dynamics\DCS

ALL the launch links are in there own bin folder in that location. Make separate links to these or link them into Skatezilla app and launch them separate from this app.

There is no need to reinstall any DCS from scratch. Copy paste, perhaps update and repair done.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link