[RESOLVED]Spawning in mid air

mtd2811

Can someone tell me why i spawn in mid air above the airfield with no weapons and at slow speed heading for a crash?

Sp and mp (in gaw) happened with jeff, 16 and harrier.

Haven’t changed any game settings other than updating to 2.5.6.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please help???

I cleaned the game files and repaired 3 times.

I jumped in PGAW and GAW. The have no air-spawn slots there.

I tested the harrier, tomcat, jeff and hog snd EVERY SINGLE one spawns in mid air above the airfield , without load-out and slow speed dicing for a crash !

Please someone advise me! Many thanks

Bignewy uploaded files as requested, let me know if there is an issue , many thanks

edit: just like in MP where i spawn in mid air with no load out and fully functioning, similar in mission editor for some reason it will not allow me to place an a/c on the ramp cold, or on a slot cold.

the error i get in mission editors is:

"error set to airfiled, no free airport" although coalition is correct etc

spawn test.miz

Edited by mtd2811

• ED Team

Hi seems to be working fine for me, from ramp and air with loadouts.

can you do it again and attach your dcs log, we can look for clues,

also are you using any unofficial mods?

And have you tried a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As can often be the case in these instances, the answer appears simple. You have set your Jeff to start at a turning point which means its airborne.

Simply click on the dropdown box TYPE when you select your aircraft and change it to takeoff from ramp or takeoff from parking hot. Now you will start on the ground at Dubai Intl. That is what I found when I opened your mission.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As can often be the case in these instances, the answer appears simple. You have set your Jeff to start at a turning point which means its airborne.

Simply click on the dropdown box TYPE when you select your aircraft and change it to takeoff from ramp or takeoff from parking hot. Now you will start on the ground at Dubai Intl. That is what I found when I opened your mission.

thanks mate but its not that

when i select rap or parking spot it gives me the error i mentioned above

edit: it also happens in MP servers...pretty much all of them like GAW and PGAW where they dont have air spawns. I select a slot and spawn in mid air fully running and no loadout.

Tested with harrier, hog, 14 and jeff

Edited by mtd2811

• ED Team

Try this to rule out config, setting or mod issues.

Rename C:\Users\Tsakalos_Desktop\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

to C:\Users\Tsakalos_Desktop\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup

keep it as a backup for now

then restart dcs login and test to see if anything changes.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Try this to rule out config, setting or mod issues.

Rename C:\Users\Tsakalos_Desktop\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

to C:\Users\Tsakalos_Desktop\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup

keep it as a backup for now

then restart dcs login and test to see if anything changes.

thanks

tried it but same thing :(

1. instant mission to spawn in cold , i spawn in mid air fully operational

2. created a quick mission in ME and get the same error again when selecting parking slot or ramp

• ED Team

Hi,

are you using create fast mission? or just using the mission editor? If you are using create fast mission we are aware of the issues.

Thanks

Hi,

are you using create fast mission? or just using the mission editor? If you are using create fast mission we are aware of the issues.

Thanks

I am using both mate.

Decided to delete it completely and reinstall just to check.

So since this happens in multiplayer as well is this something server side and the mission setup?

• ED Team

Thank you for letting us know!

glad it is fixed, was a strange one.