[REPORTED] HOBS Sound Spamming when looking left or right with AIM-9M

Theodossis

I have noticed a bug that have happened to me a lot of times on multiplayer servers and I finally found out what's causing it.

Routine to cause the bug:

- Turn on HMD

- Lock an aircraft with any mode RWS/TWS

- Select AIM9

- Turn around and the RWR will start spamming

I also made a video showing the bug, too

OP, I watched your video, it's not the RWR new contact sound, it's the AIM-9 HOBS sound, same as the first sound in the video Swiftwin9s posted. It's because you have a designated air target and JHMCS at the same time, so the AIM-9X seeker is freaking out, trying to both remain slaved to the radar target and to the JHMCS.

Definitely a bug though, the seeker should do one of the two, not try to do both at the same time.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ain't that just the system reminding the pilot that lock is valid but it is in direction of the flashing circle far outside the pilot field of view?

As the seeker ain't following the JHMCS on that moment as you can see it is still on the target, and warning happens only when you look far away from the target.

This so that the pilot can hear that lock is valid and launch missile regardless that he doesn't even look at the target on the moment.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.